Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So for accounting purposes:

Richie has to give back:

$1.15M (prorated SB)

$1M (2018 restructure bonus)

That's money he's already received that must now be returned to the Bills.

He also misses out on the 4.75M he was set to earn in salary and workout bonuses he was set to make in '18.

So, hand back $2.15M......and lose out on $4.75M in future earnings over thed next 9 months.  That's a $6.9M swing.  Assuming he has to return the prorated portion of his '16 signing bonus Richie has earned about $25M over his career.  Losing out on $6.9M represents 27.6% of his career earnings......That's a lot if coin to walk away from.

I expect Richie to attempt to come back when he realizes the above accounting, whether or not the Bills will want him becomes the ?.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think it changes our QB plans, but I absolutely think it impacts the rest of our draft. Street FAs don't work, ask Doug Legursky. I'm a huge proponent of a strong OLine, and if you looked back at the 10 years of posting (and if you could see the 7 preceding years of lurking...yes, my TBD tenure has not been during great years in Bills history), I have rarely been comfortable with our situation...and our offenses have rarely amounted to much. Primary issue: QB, Secondary issue: OLine.  If it were up to me, I'd take a QB first, OG second, LB or CB third, and then best OLine left with the rest of the picks. I can't believe Richie retired. Hoping he changes his mind. 

Edited by NickelCity

Wow, just what we needed! I don’t get how renegotiating a contract can restore one’s health. I like Ritchie, was proud to have him but I for one never believed in black mail. Let him retire and if he is bluffing then see if he’s tradable. If all the twitter tweets are accurate then I don’t see the value of having him on the team, and the operative word there is team, anymore.

McBeane, regardless if they are going about it right, wrong or indifferent, and I will withhold my opinion on that for the time being, need to finish what they started and that is complete the roster with their players, not leftovers. Get the cheap contracts and get players that they can mold to their way of thinking and culture. At this time I don’t think moving up for a QB would be the best way to go in the draft. Use the capital that is available to fill the holes that this roster is continuously creating. I still believe in grabbing a QB (Rudolph/Jackson?) but only at our slotted picks. I also wonder if the Bills are done trading as well, this could be another possibility at this time.

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I don't think it changes our QB plans, but I absolutely think it impacts the rest of our draft. Street FAs don't work, ask Doug Legursky. I'm a huge proponent of a strong OLine, and if you looked back at the 10 years of posting (and if you could see the 7 preceding years of lurking...yes, my TBD tenure has not been during great years in Bills history), I have rarely been comfortable with our situation...and our offenses have rarely amounted to much. Primary issue: QB, Secondary issue: OLine.  If it were up to me, I'd take a QB first, OG second, LB or CB third, and then best OLine left with the rest of the picks. I can't believe Richie retired. Hoping he changes his mind. 

Street UFAs dont work out?  Hmmmm didnt a street UFA just retire from Bills 

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"But hes a bad influence on the locker room and a cancer to the club house with all his antics". And, all these people saying the sky isnt falling if we lose him: the run game will fall off, and the safety of the shiny new qb will fall off.  Idk how one can diminish the importance of losing 3/5 of our best linemen.  Might not deter our march up the board to get a qb, but it damn sure means hes gonna be knocked on his back more.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I guess if his kidneys and liver are shutting down he needs to retire but stress is not causing that, something else is going on.

He says the doctors told him it was his diet of high carb/high protein. It was fixable. And that he had already been considering retiring. If his heart wasn’t in it he shouldn’t be on the team. 

1 minute ago, BillsMafia13 said:

"But hes a bad influence on the locker room and a cancer to the club house with all his antics". And, all these people saying the sky isnt falling if we lose him: the run game will fall off, and the safety of the shiny new qb will fall off.  Idk how one can diminish the importance of losing 3/5 of our best linemen.  Might not deter our march up the board to get a qb, but it damn sure means hes gonna be knocked on his back more.

The Bills by new league rule will be prevented from acquiring players to address OL concerns after 2018. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He says the doctors told him it was his diet of high carb/high protein. It was fixable. And that he had already been considering retiring. If his heart wasn’t in it he shouldn’t be on the team. 

Makes me wonder if he has mental issues like bipolar, he was pretty unstable most of his career, seems unlikely that just counseling would correct that.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mixed up his visit with Baker’s ?. Brandon Beane has to be livid that he had to take precious time away from bae to take that phone call from Richie ?

who is Bae ?

“Excuse me Josh, I need to take this call real quick”

”no worries ... everything ok?”

“Oh yeah ... all good. So, tell me more about how you overcame that crap OL at UCLA... “

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Makes me wonder if he has mental issues like bipolar, he was pretty unstable most of his career, seems unlikely that just counseling would correct that.

who is Bae ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=B.A.E.&amp=true

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Street UFAs dont work out?  Hmmmm didnt a street UFA just retire from Bills 

Richie was a fantastic talent on the market due to extenuating circumstances. Signing journeymen guards is a recipe for disaster, especially if we end up with Rosen.

Just now, NickelCity said:

Richie was a fantastic talent on the market due to extenuating circumstances. Signing journeymen guards is a recipe for disaster, especially if we end up with Rosen.

If there is One position Street UFAs can work and hold the fort for a Year it is OL. 

And especially OG

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Excuse me Josh, I need to take this call real quick”

”no worries ... everything ok?”

“Oh yeah ... all good. So, tell me more about how you overcame that crap OL at UCLA... “

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=B.A.E.&amp=true

I know that but who is Beanes bae ?