Jets likely to release Hackenberg and Petty

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here is why I post such nonsense. First and foremost because the Jets suck and i like to make fun of them. But more importantly the same regime who drafted these two clowns - one in the 2nd rd- that have been so bad they’ve had them locked in the basement rather than play them over Papa McCown even while eliminated from the playoffs in October - are also drafting another QB this year who they are using a top 10 pick plus 3 second round picks on.

The Jets have made some big mistakes with their qb selections. That's obvious and that's history. They shouldn't be criticized for making a rich investment in another attempt to get their long-term franchise qb. For their determination I applaud them. The Bills are probably going to copy them in making their own robust effort to get a long-term franchise qb. If they do that as most people assume I applaud it.  

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Jets have made some big mistakes with their qb selections. That's obvious and that's history. They shouldn't be criticized for making a rich investment in another attempt to get their long-term franchise qb. For their determination I applaud them. The Bills are probably going to copy them in making their own robust effort to get a long-term franchise qb. If they do that as most people assume I applaud it.  

I don’t fault them for trading up. I would question letting this regime make the call on a decision this huge using that many assets, given their 2x failure 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t fault them for trading up. I would question letting this regime make the call on a decision this huge using that many assets, given their 2x failure 

When you are driving and focus too much on the rear view mirror instead of looking forward you are more likely to crash. It doesn't matter if this regime has failed for a half a dozen consecutive times to draft for a franchise qb. You have to keep trying. The draft position that the Jets moved up to allows them to take any one of the top three qbs in this draft class and have it work out well for them. Just keep swinging. Sometimes the ball accidently hits the bat. It's still recorded as a hit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

They shoulda just kept Fitz.

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When you are driving and focus too much on the rear view mirror instead of looking forward you are more likely to crash. It doesn't matter if this regime has failed for a half a dozen consecutive times to draft for a franchise qb. You have to keep trying. The draft position that the Jets moved up to allows them to take any one of the top three qbs in this draft class and have it work out well for them. Just keep swinging. Sometimes the ball accidently hits the bat. It's still recorded as a hit. 

This is why we never see eye-to-eye!! This regime is incompetent and has been proven to be. That’s the last group that should be trusted to make that decision for the Jets. It is a results business. You don’t get credit for trying; you get credit for doing. If they can’t get the job done, which they’ve failed at multiple times, someone else should be making those decisions. I’m glad though that they didn’t make the change. When they screw up this time it will be a way more expensive mistake. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is why we never see eye-to-eye!! This regime is incompetent and has been proven to be. That’s the last group that should be trusted to make that decision for the Jets. It is a results business. You don’t get credit for trying; you get credit for doing. If they can’t get the job done, which they’ve failed at multiple times, someone else should be making those decisions. I’m glad though that they didn’t make the change. When they screw up this time it will be a way more expensive mistake. 

They did not deserve extensions. Strange decision. They have not been good. 

Just now, reddogblitz said:

They shoulda just kept Fitz.

There is a good reason why the Harvard graduate with the impressive Wonderlick score and scraggy beard has been on the extended circuit of different teams: Fitz is Fitz! When all is said and done he has carved out a very long and rich career. It beats working in the cement jungle called Wall Street. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They did not deserve extensions. Strange decision. They have not been good. 

They actually bought themselves two more years by stating Papa McCown would be the starter next year. They will lock Baker in the basement to be uncorked in 2019. If they don’t win, hey he’s just a rook! Those guys never play (for the Jets) so give us some time , sheesh!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

At the very least, I credit the Jets for taking a swing on those guys.  

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

[bThis is why we never see eye-to-eye!! This regime is incompetent and has been proven to be.[/b] That’s the last group that should be trusted to make that decision for the Jets. It is a results business. You don’t get credit for trying; you get credit for doing. If they can’t get the job done, which they’ve failed at multiple times, someone else should be making those decisions. I’m glad though that they didn’t make the change. When they screw up this time it will be a way more expensive mistake. 

On this issue your eyes will never meet my eyes. I don't care how hideously incompetent the current Jet regime is. The bigger mistake for them would be not to try. The Bills organization prior to this regime are a model of what not to do rather than what to do. Their failure, as incompetent as they have historically been, is not to be aggressive on addressing the qb issue. 

While you condemn the Jets for their aggressive action to move up in the draft I salute them. You and I are riding different buses that are going to different destinations. I'm sitting comfortably in my seat because I know I am on the right bus. :)

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

On this issue your eyes will never meet my eyes. I don't care how hideously incompetent the current Jet regime is. The bigger mistake for them would be not to try. The Bills organization prior to this regime are a model of what not to do rather than what to do. Their failure, as incompetent as they have historically been, is not to be aggressive on addressing the qb issue. 

While you condemn the Jets for their aggressive action to move up in the draft I salute them. You and I are riding different buses that are going to different destinations. I'm sitting comfortably in my seat because I know I am on the right bus. :)

5 minutes ago, stony said:

At the very least, I credit the Jets for taking a swing on those guys.  

I don’t fault them for drafting them (well, a little) but I do fault them for not playing them. Hack was a 2nd rd pick and never took a snap in 2 years. 2 years of which there were a lot of meaningless snaps to be had. It was the perfect situation to evaluate him. And they stuck with the old guys Fitz and McCown. You can’t draft guys and never really take your swing.