NFL Network showing AFC East breakdown

just watched it. nice individual pieces on each team in the Div.

Lots of talk about Losman, as expected:

-Parker feels the O-line and Willis are the key to JP's success.

-Wilcots thinks the D is the key to his success. But also said Mularky's style of O will utilize Losman's athletism.

-Mayock feels that JP forces too many passes, but also added that his weak Wave team may have had allot to do with it, but he's skeptical.

The Draft:

-Mayock feels that if Baas is available, they will jump all over him (duh, but highly unlikely). If he's not there, you address the other loss, Pat Williams, and you go for DT Antaj Hawthorne from Wisconsin.

-Parker thinks they should go TE, which I thought was interesting because he said it would help JP in two ways, as help on the O-line and as a target for getting out of tight spots. Therefore getting 2 needs addressed in one pick.

Regarding Henry:

-Mayock feels they need to package Travis in order to move up on Draft Day.

He thinks they can get a 2nd round pick and a player from some sucker, err, team out there on DDay.

-Solomon feels they could get a 2nd or 3rd for him + a player.

(I don't think any of the above happens.)

that's all I can remember.

oh yeah, and at the very end of the show, all 3 fealt the Bills would not be better than 9-7 because of our 2nd year QB.

Hey, JP and Co., let's prove them wrong.

I think they were all pretty much on in their assesments. We are gonna take a step back this year, despite our wishful thinking and hope. It's just that the culpeppers, and bradys of the world aren't the norm for 2nd year qb's. I also agreed with parkers assement we should draft a te in the 2nd. I've been screaming for this team to get a te for the past 3 years and it hasn't happened yet hopefully we fix the oline in free agency and alex smith from stanford falls to us at 55 which I think he'll be available.

The reason I think we'll take a step back is cause teams know espcially early in the year we're gonna be running a lot and playing vanilla. this is where a good te can help us cause even in a vanilla offense a te that is reliable can open things up, and is a young qb's best friend. I'm not gonna make season predictions cause it's still way too early.

All I can really say is I feel if we can get womack/demulling. OUR LIne would be pretty solid. Get a te in the draft and bulid defensive depth throught the rest of the draft as our d is coming on major free agency issues the next 2 years.

I think they were all pretty much on in their assesments.  We are gonna take a step back this year, despite our wishful thinking and hope. It's just that the culpeppers, and bradys of the world aren't the norm for 2nd year qb's.  I also agreed with parkers assement we should draft a te in the 2nd.  I've been screaming for this team to get a te for the past 3 years and it hasn't happened yet hopefully we fix the oline in free agency and alex smith from stanford falls to us at 55 which I think he'll be available.

The reason I think we'll take a step back is cause teams know espcially early in the year we're gonna be running  a lot and playing vanilla. this is where a good te can help us cause even in a vanilla offense a te that is reliable can open things up, and is a young qb's best friend. I'm not gonna make season predictions cause it's still way too early.

All I can really say is I feel if we can get womack/demulling. OUR LIne would be pretty solid. Get a te in the draft and bulid defensive depth throught the rest of the draft as our d is coming on major free agency issues the next 2 years.

272928[/snapback]

If we do get DeMulling, I wonder who our LT and Center will be ?

LT - Teague

C- Tucker

I think they were all pretty much on in their assesments.  We are gonna take a step back this year, despite our wishful thinking and hope. It's just that the culpeppers, and bradys of the world aren't the norm for 2nd year qb's.  I also agreed with parkers assement we should draft a te in the 2nd.  I've been screaming for this team to get a te for the past 3 years and it hasn't happened yet hopefully we fix the oline in free agency and alex smith from stanford falls to us at 55 which I think he'll be available.

The reason I think we'll take a step back is cause teams know espcially early in the year we're gonna be running  a lot and playing vanilla. this is where a good te can help us cause even in a vanilla offense a te that is reliable can open things up, and is a young qb's best friend. I'm not gonna make season predictions cause it's still way too early.

272928[/snapback]

i am hopeful for next season, but I am realistic, so I can't argue with their assesment that we may not equal 9-7 again.

BTW, you inspired me to change my avatar.

I think the QB position will take a step back, simply because bledsoe was a veteran and JP isn't. However, JP possibly will take 2 steps forward by the end of the year, showing us his greater upside than we saw with bledsoe. The team as a whole will not take a step back at all. I'm not banking on jp's quick development. I'm banking on the o line's progression last year, willis, special teams, and the defense, plus moulds and evans being another year away from their injuries, and the breakout of reed. This team as a whole will not lose a step.

edit: barring injury of course.

I'll be happier with 8-8 or 9-7 and no playoffs this year with JP than I would 9-7 or 10-6 and no playoffs this year with the Dearly Departed.

I'll be able to UNDERSTAND no playoffs this year with a rookie QB.

I'll never be able to understand DB's inability to lead this team.

It's as big a mystery to me as his inability to complete a screen pass or him throwing the ball out of bounds while trailing with seconds to go in the 4th quarter.

I'll be happier with 8-8 or 9-7 and no playoffs this year with JP than I would 9-7 or 10-6 and no playoffs this year with the Dearly Departed.

It's as big a mystery to me as his inability to complete a screen pass or him throwing the ball out of bounds while trailing with seconds to go in the 4th quarter.

273175[/snapback]

couldn't agree with you more

I think the QB position will take a step back, simply because bledsoe was a veteran and JP isn't.  However, JP possibly will take 2 steps forward by the end of the year, showing us his greater upside than we saw with bledsoe.  The team as a whole will not take a step back at all.  I'm not banking on jp's quick development.  I'm banking on the o line's progression last year, willis, special teams, and the defense, plus moulds and evans being another year away from their injuries, and the breakout of reed.  This team as a whole will not lose a step.

edit:  barring injury of course.

273165[/snapback]

But how can you say the O-Line will take a step forward? At the very least the O-Line will be starting from square one again with so many new people at different positions.

The O-Line is not the same from last year. It will take a step back no matter what. If MW is moved to LT, it will take time. If Teague is LT, it will take time. Tucker at center and McFarland at Guard? I mean, it's going to be an issue.

Forget the first year QB issues (I've made those thought clear before), but this team has 6-10 written all over it. Of course, with FA still on going and the draft around the corner it's too early to say for sure.

But if the team stays as is now, we are looking at another year without the Bills in the playoffs 0:)

273175[/snapback]

So, a worse record will make you happy just so long as Drew is gone? Is that it?

You have Losman penciled in at either 8-8 or 9-7. When if he is a total bust and can win only 4 or 5 games. Will this interrupt your glee even a little?

Drew is gone. Why not get over it and simply devote your emotions to JP, the savior?

I think the QB position will take a step back, simply because bledsoe was a veteran and JP isn't.  However, JP possibly will take 2 steps forward by the end of the year, showing us his greater upside than we saw with bledsoe.  The team as a whole will not take a step back at all.  I'm not banking on jp's quick development.  I'm banking on the o line's progression last year, willis, special teams, and the defense, plus moulds and evans being another year away from their injuries, and the breakout of reed.  This team as a whole will not lose a step.

edit:  barring injury of course.

273165[/snapback]

remind me in which game that Drew played any better than a 2nd year QB.

we will be fine

11-5

272928[/snapback]

What game did Drew ever single-handedly win, where you could say wow, Drew really did well for us. i cna't recall one. Our defense, special teams and running game generally did the work for us. I don't think we take a step back assuming we address the LT position.

What game did Drew ever single-handedly win, where you could say wow, Drew really did well for us.  i cna't recall one.  Our defense, special teams and running game generally did the work for us.  I don't think we take a step back assuming we address the LT position.

273411[/snapback]

Sure because JP Losman has proven so much and has made so many plays when things break down... oh wait he hasn't 0:)

Look I like the confidence some people have in Losman. I hope he turns out that good, but in all reality we're going to take a step back. Despite Losmans mobility we don't know if he can improvise on the fly and make things happen. At least not at the nfl level. I'm glad Bledsoe is gone and we're moving in a new direction.

However we're gonna need an youth infusion on our defense within the next 2 years. We haven't made the playoffs since 1999, we haven't won a playoff game since 1995, and every year it seems like we're "rebuilding". I'm quite tired of waiting for next year. Even though I don't really have a choice.

I hope Losman plays every bit as good as some on this board seem to think he will, but I won't be a believer until I see it. I expect us to come out of the gate on offense slow and vanilla. We need a lt a lg and a new center.

Trey teague got cut from denver because he was not a good lt. He gave up 12 sacks his last year in denver at lt. You really want him as our lt? Our starting lg right now according to mcnally is justin banan? Ok that so that gives us a bad lt, and an inexperienced lg with esentially a rookie qb (as far as game experience goes). We have no te for a safety valve and no solid wr outside of moulds and evans. I don't see how we aren't gonna take a step back this season.

So, a worse record will make you happy just so long as Drew is gone? Is that it?

You have Losman penciled in at either 8-8 or 9-7. When if he is a total bust and can win only 4 or 5 games. Will this interrupt your glee even a little?

Drew is gone. Why not get over it and simply devote your emotions to JP, the savior?

273377[/snapback]

that's the difference. I do not look at JP as a savior. but Drew was a liability in that he was a 12 yr vet with no mobility and suspect accuracy. Long ball, he was accurate, but touch passes and timing routes? he stunk.

He was viewed as a savior when he came here (parade anyone?) and maybe that was unfair to him. But to say we made a mistake for getting rid of him is baseless. he had plenty of chances and failed more than he helped. it's true.

273175[/snapback]

That is pretty much DB.....throw the ball out of bounds while trailing with a few seconds to go.That wraps up his career.--And is what makes him such an average QB.