Do you ever stutter?

Another Fan

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mine isn't that obvious to others but it bugs me. On days when it's worse I have to concentrate more on how I speak.

At least you are conscious of it and evolving.  The guy I mentioned makes it painful.  I know I am being overly critical and giving my situation don't feel proud... Just a struggle to get through anything that is put through over the airwaves. I try to look at it with an open mind, he speaks very well... But not exactly a voice meant for radio.

Now, if I recall... You do a little radio.  Do you ever hear criticism? Gotta be hard to accept.

JR mentioned waiter looking away, people feel sorry and try to act compassionate... But if it pains, it pains.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

At least you are conscious of it and evolving.  The guy I mentioned makes it painful.  I know I am being overly critical and giving my situation don't feel proud... Just a struggle to get through anything that is put through over the airwaves. I try to look at it with an open mind, he speaks very well... But not exactly a voice meant for radio.

Now, if I recall... You do a little radio.  Do you ever hear criticism? Gotta be hard to accept.

JR mentioned waiter looking away, people feel sorry and try to act compassionate... But if it pains, it pains.

Yes! My wife always points out how bad my S-sounds are. Drives me nuts. Some of my commercial voiceover clients have asked I not read their ads anymore. This problem has gotten worse over the last few years. Is it a dental issue? Sinuses? A mini-stroke? I asked a doctor and he had no ideas. 

Oddly it took me a long time to actually hear what people were complaining about. My S sounded more like F or TH. Now that I'm aware of it, I listen carefully. If I hear that creep back in, I can redo the ad. But some days it's harder to avoid than others.

On 4/12/2018 at 12:21 PM, Fan in San Diego said:

It has happened a few times if you must know the truth.  Some guys have it, some guys don't. 

Well it is good to know you have a technique for turning down dates without offending the lady. Keep practicing that stuttering.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:58 PM, Another Fan said:

I do at times.  Especially when anxious 

Had a friend who had a major problem with stuttering well into adult hood. He could never overcome it, but I always respected that he never let it hold him back career wise. He would always ind a way to make himself understood.

On another note I read an article over on NFL.com about draft prospect tackle Connor Williams (out of texas)  who had problems with stuttering and was bullied for it as a child.  interesting enough read