Saints fan here

Let me be the first to say that I am the one saints fan that does not want Baker Mayfield as the next qb after Brees. I would also go on to say that Ryan Pace and Payton are very close and the bears would trade down to the saints over teams with even better offers if their pick is not there at 8 (Nelson).  If you want Mayfield, you need to get him higher. I don't know if you would draft him at 2 over other QBs like Allen or Rosen, but that may be your only chance at getting one of the big four QBs unless you can trade with the bucs or colts(who already traded back from a higher spot).  You stand pat, you will end up with Lamar Jackson.

My saints have personally not responded to the idea they would trade up that far but there's the saying the saints have few holes and have an almost complete team and can take the risk.

If you want Mayfield, you have to trade with the giants or bucs.

It's nice to have an outside viewer chime in but what you said isn't any more or less believable than all the other scenarios being floated.

Draft capital will be doing all the talking on draft day. If the Bills are willing to part with their motherload they can get anywhere they want too.

Edited by Commonsense

3 minutes ago, WillSaints81 said:

Let me be the first to say that I am the one saints fan that does not want Baker Mayfield as the next qb after Brees. I would also go on to say that Ryan Pace and Payton are very close and the bears would trade down to the saints over teams with even better offers if their pick is not there at 8 (Nelson).  If you want Mayfield, you need to get him higher. I don't know if you would draft him at 2 over other QBs like Allen or Rosen, but that may be your only chance at getting one of the big four QBs unless you can trade with the bucs or colts(who already traded back from a higher spot).  You stand pat, you will end up with Lamar Jackson.

My saints have personally not responded to the idea they would trade up that far but there's the saying the saints have few holes and have an almost complete team and can take the risk.

I'm not so sure about that, they may be friends but they both know the business and draft picks talk. 

No matter whats offered, the Bills have better picks and more of them to trade. 

I'm not locked in to a particular QB.  The top rated ones are not perfect and some in the second and third tier have intriguing qualities making you think they could develop.  So, I'll let McBeane sort it all out.

I know they are friends and former colleagues, but you are saying that the Bears are dumb enough to turn down 2 1sts this year to move down 4 spots? They would rather move down to 27... for what return? The saints don’t even have a 2nd rd pick this year to offer.... 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I'm not locked in to a particular QB.  The top rated ones are not perfect and some in the second and third tier have intriguing qualities making you think they could develop.  So, I'll let McBeane sort it all out.

I've been saying it and will continue to buy that.

29 minutes ago, WillSaints81 said:

I for one am thankful to see that fans of other teams have equally as bad takes as some fans here. Refreshing.:lol:

But good natured ribbing aside, welcome here. 

24 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Good post.  I like three but I agree, we don't have enough information.  Hope they just get it correct.

39 minutes ago, WillSaints81 said:

1) If Pace is stupid enough to do something like that then he'll be out of a job in  no time. Maybe Payton should ask Pace for Trubisky if they're so tight. I'm sure he'd get a nice friends and family discount.

2) Did you buy the team from Benson's wife after he passed?

3) Doubtful, especially not because of a "fear" of the Saints moving up.

4) Welcome to the board.

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

1) If Pace is stupid enough to do something like that then he'll be out of a job in  no time. Maybe Payton should ask Pace for Trubisky if they're so tight. I'm sure he'd get a nice friends and family discount.

2) Did you buy the team from Benson's wife after he passed?

3) Doubtful, especially not because of a "fear" of the Saints moving up.

4) Welcome to the board.

How you get the colors in text?

• Like (+1) 1

We have to trade up to get Baker.  I 100% agree.......but it doesn’t have to be the giants or Bucs.  Could be the giants, browns, broncos, colts, Bucs, bears, niners or raiders.  We have to get in front of the dolphins and/or beat another teams offer.  I can’t envision a team pulling a trigger on a trade down without letting us know first. We have the most draft capital and seems like we intend to use it to get our QB.  I think we likely match any teams offer and then beat it because we have the higher picks. 

I always like to steal opinions from visiting fans — and as a saints season ticket holder myself I’ll cue you up with some good saints related questions:

1) cadet and ivory in our backfield... I think we all get what ivory is - hard runner, not a star but super physical. Cadet seems a mystery to more here. Share any thoughts?

2) free agency.... think Snead gets the tender pulled? Bills are in dire need of a WR. Could be a cheap but effective option. Delvin Breaux at cb? How’d he go from the hottest up and comer around to still unsigned?

3) as a division rival what do you think of how  McD and Beane did in Carolina and now in buff?

1 hour ago, WillSaints81 said:

The Bucs trade seems to be a no-brainer for the Bills. The Bucs don't have an R3 pick, so they could pick up one of the Bills' R2 picks to move back.

37 minutes ago, Lfod said:

How you get the colors in text?

After you click 'Quote' to reply, choose the drop-down to the upper right of the 'A' in the reply box to choose /change the  text color.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

It's nice to have an outside viewer chime in but what you said isn't any more or less believable than all the other scenarios being floated.

Draft capital will be doing all the talking on draft day. If the Bills are willing to part with their motherload they can get anywhere they want too.

I continue to maintain that NO ONE can get to 1, 2 or 3 now.  The teams that are there are using the picks they have on QB.  The jockeying will be for the 4th QB and the action will be around pick 9.  Mayfield will be a Jet.  Darnold to Browns.  Rosen to Giants.  

I think the Bills (make a mistake) and go up to 9 for Allen.

I think the Patriots go up to 14 for Rudolph.

Arizona gets left in the dust in round 1.

Chargers go Lamar Jackson....I had been thinking Saints, but the Chargers need rivers replacement.  Jackson can sit....he will generate buzz for a team that needs to have buzz to sell some tickets to the new stadium. 

3 hours ago, WillSaints81 said:

Beane and Gettleman are close too. I'd be willing to bet there are a bunch of friends in different front offices, doesn't mean much tho.  I don't think a gm is gonna take less for a pick just because they're friends. 

• Like (+1) 1