Thomas Davis suspended 4 games for PEDs

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

I'm talking to a wall, I knew that before I started. My mistake. 

I guess if you're gonna make something up, do it big.

Fans were OUTRAGED when Ray Lewis came back to win a Super Bowl in his last year because of the deer antler spray. Or when Peyton came back with his wife's HGH to go out on top.  Pandemonium.  Riots in the streets.  :lol:

Edited by jmc12290

11 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I guess if you're gonna make something up, do it big.

Fans were OUTRAGED when Ray Lewis came back to win a Super Bowl in his last year because of the deer antler spray. Or when Peyton came back with his wife's HGH to go out on top.  Pandemonium.  Riots in the streets.  :lol:

Circumventing the existing rules does not mean that testing does not exist. Does it? If the NFL didn't have a policy in place how would that play with the recent CTE lawsuits and rule changes? You don't suppose folks would have sunk their teeth into that? They sure did with MLB because records were being shattered, nevermind brains being shattered. 

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Circumventing the existing rules does not mean that testing does not exist. Does it? If the NFL didn't have a policy in place how would that play with the recent CTE lawsuits and rule changes? You don't suppose folks would have sunk their teeth into that? They sure did with MLB because records were being shattered, nevermind brains being shattered. 

The policy existed before CTE.  Did the NFL employ a fortune teller?

19 hours ago, Buddo said:

Think of all of the supplements, much of which is in powder form, prior to being mixed. Then think about the number of guys who have claimed that there supplements were contaminated. When they test positive.

When guys are actually tested, those tests are pretty good at finding small quantities of stuff within bloodstreams etc.

Imho, it's simply a case of keeping yourself out of situations/places where sh1t can happen. A bit like guys being arrested at 2 a.m. in or near bars. Keep yourself away from those types of situations.

Or you could go to the gym just to work out, not to ingest whatever  some bro hands you....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Or you could go to the gym just to work out, not to ingest whatever  some bro hands you....

Do these supplements really help? Or is it simply the users believe it does and are willing to take a risk for whatever advantage, even if it is miniscule. And are there clean supplements that work as well as banned supplements? Does a hard working athlete who eats well have a real disadvantage to an athlete who works as hard and eats as well but also takes banned supplements?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't think the stuff bros are buying at GNC have estrogen blockers.  Estrogen blockers are commonly taken in conjunction with steroids so you don't go all ARod and grow breasts.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

Do these supplements really help? Or is it simply the users believe it does and are willing to take a risk for whatever advantage, even if it is miniscule. And are there clean supplements that work as well as banned supplements? Does a hard working athlete who eats well have a real disadvantage to an athlete who works as hard and eats as well but also takes banned supplements?

Probably depends on what you mean by 'help'. There are plenty of things that can 'help' athletes, but would be classed as 'banned' supplements, or substances. I'm no expert on the subject, but I do know there are a lot of supplements available, some of which have banned extra ingredients, and some of which are perfectly okay.

Going back a few years, there was a skier got banned, as he used an inhaler, of a type common in europe, that was perfectly legal,  but the US 'version', which actually had an extra stimulant in it, was the one he used. This was 'over the counter medication.

I don't know what forms some of this stuff comes in, but HGH would be something that could help significantly, and is banned. (Human Growth Hormone) And there are, I believe, synthetic forms of that that are available. Steroids will also be helpful.

Supplements themselves, aren't necessarily wrong, at all, it's what goes to make them up. And if they weren't believed to give an advantage, they wouldn't in all likelihood, be banned. ;)

Like a lot of things in life, rather than the genuinely controlled use of things, it's the abuse of them, that causes the most harm.

Steroids, HGH etc. have plenty of genuine medical uses, but they aren't supposed to be used to make you go quuicker, stronger, longer or harder.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't think the stuff bros are buying at GNC have estrogen blockers.  Estrogen blockers are commonly taken in conjunction with steroids so you don't go all ARod and grow breasts.

I bet steroid-shriveled testicles act as an effective estrogen blocker...

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

absolutely. The advantage is tempting to the point of demanding players get into the top percentile of Athlete.

But the Game is The Game