Thomas Davis suspended 4 games for PEDs

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I worry about all our old guys. And our new guy Trent Murphy. The gym he’s training at in CBus is steroid heaven. 

I wouldn't know about any particular gym, but I would say that if there are steroids around, then I wouldn't be going there as a professional athlete, as the chances  of something getting contaminated, would rise disproportionately, and it just isn't worth the risk.

Mind you, these days it might be difficult to find a gym where this sort of thing isn't happening. ;(

11 hours ago, Buddo said:

I wouldn't know about any particular gym, but I would say that if there are steroids around, then I wouldn't be going there as a professional athlete, as the chances  of something getting contaminated, would rise disproportionately, and it just isn't worth the risk.

Mind you, these days it might be difficult to find a gym where this sort of thing isn't happening. ;(

This place is well regarded, but also known for that. It seems odd that he chose the gym, having no connections to Cbus. though he said he grew up reading about it and that’s possible given it’s famous owner. I’m not sure I ever looked at it as a place where football players would train as much as competitive lifters.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Commonsense said:

What percentage of players "juice"? I'd guess it's pretty high, over 75 percent. 

I think when it comes to PEDs in the NFL getting caught is the crime and not the actual use of whatever substances these monsters take.

How else could "use" be the crime if you can't catch them using?

"Getting caught punching a cop is the crime, not actually punching him."

Bizarre comment.

Edited by jmc12290

8 hours ago, Commonsense said:

What percentage of players "juice"? I'd guess it's pretty high, over 75 percent. 

I think when it comes to PEDs in the NFL getting caught is the crime and not the actual use of whatever substances these monsters take.

Depends on their purpose for using

to put on and keep on extra weight and muscle because they can’t play in the NFL without it, the worst reason for using....

to assist in quicker recovery from the pains and injuries every week....

9 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

How else could "use" be the crime if you can't catch them using?

"Getting caught punching a cop is the crime, not actually punching him."

Bizarre comment.

Mixing words so you can have a back and forth or you really don't understand how punching a cop (or anyone) is not comparable?

The NFL is a sport run by a bunch of billionaires who have shown time and time again that their bottom line is all that matters. Players using PEDs is good for the game, right? Faster, quicker, stronger equals more spectacular. Quicker recovery? Great get back out there! 

www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/victor-conte-nfl-bunch-dopes-ped-testing-article-1.2777283

The crime is being selfish enough to get caught and cost your team. It's been documented over and over about how easy it is to circumvent these tests.

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Depends on their purpose for using

to put on and keep on extra weight and muscle because they can’t play in the NFL without it, the worst reason for using....

to assist in quicker recovery from the pains and injuries every week....

Where does "I want to be as physically fit as I can because I have James Harrison chasing me around" fit?  

Edited by Commonsense

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Mixing words so you can have a back and forth or you really don't understand how punching a cop (or anyone) is not comparable?

The NFL is a sport run by a bunch of billionaires who have shown time and time again that their bottom line is all that matters. Players using PEDs is good for the game, right? Faster, quicker, stronger equals more spectacular. Quicker recovery? Great get back out there! 

www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/victor-conte-nfl-bunch-dopes-ped-testing-article-1.2777283

The crime is being selfish enough to get caught and cost your team. It's been documented over and over about how easy it is to circumvent these tests.

Where does "I want to be as physically fit as I can because I have James Harrison chasing me around" fit?  

Then why does the NFL test them at all?  

You don't make any sense.

32 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

For the appearance of wanting to do the right thing.  That and public/federal pressure.

Boxing and MMA -true combat sports- just in the past 8 or 9 years started taking PED testing seriously.  For decades, they didn't bat an eye.

56 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

MLB. Federal investigations. Public pressure. Look at concussions too. Rule changes but won't settle the lawsuit, they are all about protecting the money. How do you suppose not having any testing would play with player safety suddenly being such a talking point?

If they were interested in doing what's right the testing would be much stricter. Heck eliminating PEDs from the game would make the collisions less violent which may even help with....oh nevemind you already know.

20 hours ago, Commonsense said:

...probably correct....harken back to MLB hypocrisy after the '94 strike.....will NEVER convince me they did not turn a blind eye to "juice boxes" to save the sport......and behold seats filled up again but players who "took the bait (juice)" ala Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, etc are the bad boys.....ever try and read a supplements content label?...better have at least three PhD's and check again with every re-purchase as they change formulas....yet the hypocritical NFL wants us to believe they're the tough guys policing abuses and their watchdogs certainly have at least three PhD's and check again with every re-purchase as they change formulas.....YAWN..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On April 7, 2018 at 3:08 AM, Buddo said:

The chances of....what getting contaminated?  A players blood or urine?  

You can't catch it from the toilet seat, as they used to say...

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The chances of....what getting contaminated?  A players blood or urine?  

You can't catch it from the toilet seat, as they used to say...

Think of all of the supplements, much of which is in powder form, prior to being mixed. Then think about the number of guys who have claimed that there supplements were contaminated. When they test positive.

When guys are actually tested, those tests are pretty good at finding small quantities of stuff within bloodstreams etc.

Imho, it's simply a case of keeping yourself out of situations/places where sh1t can happen. A bit like guys being arrested at 2 a.m. in or near bars. Keep yourself away from those types of situations.

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

MLB. Federal investigations. Public pressure. Look at concussions too. Rule changes but won't settle the lawsuit, they are all about protecting the money. How do you suppose not having any testing would play with player safety suddenly being such a talking point?

If they were interested in doing what's right the testing would be much stricter. Heck eliminating PEDs from the game would make the collisions less violent which may even help with....oh nevemind you already know.

Ha ha what?  There's public pressure against PED's?  

What are you talking about fella?