Mason Rudolph to Have Pre-Draft Visit With the Bills

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Better than Rosen? No. Maybe one of the others. The only thing you can knock Rosen for is his injuries and personality, and even then you are reaching. I've watched QB's my whole life and Rosen is far more advanced as a passer than anyone in probably the past 5 drafts

I tend to believe Rosen is the most overrated QB in the last ten years. Even as a player and having nothing to do with his off field stuff. Plus for all the talent he plays with he's not a big winner.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Time tells no lies, we'll see.

for sure. i actually see rudolph as a better prospect than dahnold. when i watch mason it's his feet that stand out to me. he doesn't set his feet to drive the ball to his guys.  that's easier to fix than dahnolds throwing motion. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

for sure. i actually see rudolph as a better prospect than dahnold. when i watch mason it's his feet that stand out to me. he doesn't set his feet to drive the ball to his guys.  that's easier to fix than dahnolds throwing motion. 

And that fix will make Rudolph's arm stronger.

Edited by CuddyDark

Just now, aristocrat said:

Darnold is a far better athlete with the ability to make plays off schedule even with the loop in his motion.  Much higher ceiling than Rudolph. 

13 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

That would actually be a good thing for him.

Dalton is very good, albeit inconsistent.

Rudolph wishes he could be Dalton.

I think it is his ceiling. Dalton is technically. Franchise Qb with multiple playoff appearances so it’s not a knock. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bit early to write off Jameis isn't it?  His progress did stall a bit in year 3 but a bit early to just say he is a stats guy who never gets his team to the big one...... He has at least 10 years left.

Not to mention the Bucs defense hasn't done much to help their offense out and the Bucs running game doesn't help him much either.  When he finally gets all the pieces around him it might be different.  The other problem is he's in a division with Brees, Ryan, Cam/Luke.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Darnold is a far better athlete with the ability to make plays off schedule even with the loop in his motion.  Much higher ceiling than Rudolph. 

they all have the same ceiling. it's the the likeliehood they reach that ceiling.  i think sam is gonna have a tough go with that throwing motion

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No they don't

yes they do. the ceiling is franchise qb right?  there could be a guy in the 4th who ends up being the best qb in this draft.  do you say his ceiling is lower? no.  it's whether or not they ever reach the ceiling.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

yes they do. the ceiling is franchise qb right?  there could be a guy in the 4th who ends up being the best qb in this draft.  do you say his ceiling is lower? no.  it's whether or not they ever reach the ceiling.  

That's like saying every prospect has the same potential when they don't based on different physical and mental gifts. It is simply nnot the case. 

I just don't think we have anywhere near the skill talent to allow Rudolph to be successful.  Someone brought up Dalton, take out AJ Green and what is Dalton?  Rudolph played with superior talent at Oklahoma St, Washington and Ateman are NFL WRs, in a conference notorious for a lack of defense and they still topped out as a 10-3 team that would get trounced in their one big game (Oklahoma) annually.

I believe if put into the right situation, Rudolph has a chance to grow into a NFL stater.  I do not believe we are the right situation and that's just not something you take a pick 22 (much less pick 12).  If he goes somewhere like Pittsburgh, sits for a year or more, then succeeds with Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell there would be people here saying "I told you so" without the ability to understand the difference between the two situations.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's like saying every prospect has the same potential when they don't based on different physical and mental gifts. It is simply nnot the case. 

but they do.  brady's ceiling was hall of famer in the draft. richard sherman ceiling was hall of famer but based on his college careee he was a third rounder. some guys turn it on in the pros and some don't.  so you're saying if rudolph ends up becoming a hall of famer and dahnold busts out rudolphs ceiling is lower sitll?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mason Rudolph is going to have a very good NFL career, IF he goes to the right team and plays in just about anything that is NOT a WCO. He can play in the Pats or Steelers Offense and be very good immediately, but he would probably sit for a year or two behind two of the best QBs of their era. That said, if it were me, I'd prefer to have him on a West Coast team or in a domed stadium. I just think it's how he would excel. 

In addition to the two I mentioned, I think he'd be a good fit for Jacksonville or San Diego. Those four teams, where you've got a starter and Mason can learn the NFL Offense for a year, build some knowledge, and not be rushed into absorbing the NFL game too quickly, he could be very good for a long time. IF he goes to a team like that, in three years time (1 year to sit), he will be a top 10 QB in the NFL.

And before you jump all over me, I've already posted this in the eating crow thread - so I'll be back one way or the other. If he never gets a chance to start on his Rookie contract, absent a devastating injury, I'll consider that worthy of eating crow also. Not just bad, but failing to be good enough at some point in his first few years to get the starting QB nod. I'm fine with that and you can hold me to it. I'm not too proud to admit my mistakes, I just also happen to think he'll be that good. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rudolph is probably a much better pocket player with a much better inside slide so making plays off schedule mean little to his ceiling. Darnold is better if the play breaks down I agree. What you count on with Rudolph is like Rivers he's get the ball out or sidestep the pass rusher instead of running out of the pocket. If Rudolph hits he'll be a great QB. You could say Darnold has a higher floor and I'd buy that. I just think if both become the best player they can Rudolph has a better career because he's playing most of his game with his mind.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I just don't think we have anywhere near the skill talent to allow Rudolph to be successful.  Someone brought up Dalton, take out AJ Green and what is Dalton?  Rudolph played with superior talent at Oklahoma St, Washington and Ateman are NFL WRs, in a conference notorious for a lack of defense and they still topped out as a 10-3 team that would get trounced in their one big game (Oklahoma) annually.

I believe if put into the right situation, Rudolph has a chance to grow into a NFL stater.  I do not believe we are the right situation and that's just not something you take a pick 22 (much less pick 12).  If he goes somewhere like Pittsburgh, sits for a year or more, then succeeds with Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell there would be people here saying "I told you so" without the ability to understand the difference between the two situations.

25 years in the qb desert.  We finally invest in getting the draft picks to get a true potential franchise qb and we are going for the next Andy Dalton?  Horrible.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Mason Rudolph QB at #12

Leighton Vander Esch ILB at #22

James Washington WR at #53

Donte Jackson CB at #56

GET R DUN!

i'll take it.  it sounds like a realistic result. since  sam, josh and baker gone or unaffordable, that will leave josh allen then rudolph.

see also..the vic carucci 1998 thread.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Rudolph is probably a much better pocket player with a much better inside slide so making plays off schedule mean little to his ceiling. Darnold is better if the play breaks down I agree. What you count on with Rudolph is like Rivers he's get the ball out or sidestep the pass rusher instead of running out of the pocket. If Rudolph hits he'll be a great QB. You could say Darnold has a higher floor and I'd buy that. I just think if both become the best player they can Rudolph has a better career because he's playing most of his game with his mind.

Tighter windows in the NFL will give him a ruse awakening.  The NFL ain't the Big 12.