Zuckerberg's fate

Will Zuckerberg Step Down as CEO of Facebook?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will Zuckerberg step down as CEO?

• He will step down as CEO
    • He will stay on as CEO

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Zuckerberg is there to run an age old scam.  He wants to be regulated because he can afford to be regulated.  It will be much harder for a new platform that might compete with Facebook to incur the associated costs.  Standard Oil part 243,961.  But this is worse because it potentially limits how people can say what they want to say.  The old school Robber Barons were just stealing money and power, and a slice of a market.  Tech savvy Mark and his puppet masters are stepping it up a notch.

Now Zuck, whose product started because he couldn't get laid and evolved into one that has live broadcasts of the mentally disabled being held captive and beaten will help us define hate speech while ensuring privacy?  Cool.  

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

This poor child must have looked at Zuck on a booster seat holding a sippy cup and thought, "Finally, someone who looks more ridiculous than me."

And Zuckerberg probably carries a print of that picture in his wallet, so he can look at it occasionally and think "At least I don't look as ridiculous as this guy..."

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And Zuckerberg probably carries a print of that picture in his wallet, so he can look at it occasionally and think "At least I don't look as ridiculous as this guy..."

To be honest, I'm not one for meeting people who post here. I've met a couple of you, but I don't go out of my way.

That said, it's nice to put a face with LA Grant.

• Haha (+1) 1

"I hope you understand, this is not how I meant for things to go, and I apologize for any harm done as a result of my neglect to consider how quickly the site would spread and its consequences thereafter."

Zuck circa 2003

Here is his latest Newspeak comment

We have a responsibility to protect your data, and if we can't then we don't deserve to serve you.

They don't deserve to serve me. :)

Edited by reddogblitz

17 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For those who wonder about FB's origins... 

Fullsized image

The SAME DAY this happened:

Fullsized image

Reports of the Pentagon killing LIFELONG broke the same day FB was formed.  

Coincidence? (nope)

Not 100% sure if its the same thing or not, but Maria Cantwell asked him about total information awareness  and he said he didn't know what she was talking about.

CANTWELL: Have you heard of total information awareness? Do you know what I’m talking about?

ZUCKERBERG: No I do not.

http://www.king5.com/article/news/politics/watch-sen-cantwell-grills-facebook-ceo-zuckerberg-on-privacy-breach/281-537101856

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Not 100% sure if its the same thing or not, but Maria Cantwell asked him about total information awareness  and he said he didn't know what she was talking about.

http://www.king5.com/article/news/politics/watch-sen-cantwell-grills-facebook-ceo-zuckerberg-on-privacy-breach/281-537101856

Yup. It's going to come out more and more as the move to regulate comes in. :beer: 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I downloaded my Facebook data earlier.  Or at least what Facebook will admit they keep on me

Holy Hell there are tons of advertisers that I never heard of targeting me

Just think of all the new data protection service ads you're going to see, now that Facebook's algorithm has identified you as "someone who worries about the security of their data."

• Haha (+1) 2