Broncos to Sign Marquette King to a 3-Year Deal

Broncos sign P Marquette King (3 years, $7 million): A Grade 
It's puzzling why the Raiders cut Marquette King. It's certainly not a matter of talent; he ranked sixth in net average last year. He's also just 29. The problem, apparently, happened to be King's dancing performances after every solid punt. The routine might be tiresome, but it shouldn't have affected Oakland's decision to have King on the roster. 

Oakland's loss is definitely Denver's gain. The Broncos needed a better punter than Riley Dixon, who was 22nd in net yardage in 2017. King is a big upgrade at a cheap price, and Denver is also poaching a talented player from a rival, which is a strategy I'm in favor of. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5BxNt3SES

Ice cube had a funny take. "Who doesn't want a fiery pumped up punter?!"

He does draw penaltiea. 3 times or so last year which is 3 tmes too many for your punter

On 4/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, RiotAct said:

lol yep.  While Gruden scowls on the Oakland sideline.

I enjoy that you can respond to literally every Raiders post with that

On 4/5/2018 at 5:33 PM, Doc said:

Let me put it this way: I don't think either player is great and would still like to see them upgrade Schmidt.  But I wouldn't cut Schmidt just to sign King, much less give him what Denver did, which was more of a FU to Oakland than anything else.

If both were free agents at your door asking for the same contract and you needed a punter: who do you hand the pen and paper to?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If both were free agents at your door asking for the same contract and you needed a punter: who do you hand the pen and paper to?

I doubt they'd be looking for the same contract.  Which is a part of the equation.  I'd also be wary of King kicking in NEF, considering his performance there this past season.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

I doubt they'd be looking for the same contract.  Which is a part of the equation.  I'd also be wary of King kicking in NEF, considering his performance there this past season.

Nice shuffle step to avoid the pressure 

So by “Schmidt is just as good” you meant just as good (of a value when weighing overall team building strategies) and not Schmidt is just as good (of a player)

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Nice shuffle step to avoid the pressure 

So by “Schmidt is just as good” you meant just as good (of a value when weighing overall team building strategies) and not Schmidt is just as good (of a player)

There was no shuffle, chief.  The salary demands are a separate issue.  Again what I've been saying is that Schmidt is as good and kicking in NEF is difficult, as King found out this past season.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

There was no shuffle, chief.  The salary demands are a separate issue.  Again what I've been saying is that Schmidt is as good and kicking in NEF is difficult, as King found out this past season.

So when I asked who you sign, contract being equal, and you replied that the contracts wouldn’t be equal and kicking at NEF is tough, that wasn’t a bit of a shuffle step?

who gets your jersey, pay check being equal? 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

So when I asked who you sign, contract being equal, and you replied that the contracts wouldn’t be equal and kicking at NEF is tough, that wasn’t a bit of a shuffle step?

who gets your jersey, pay check being equal? 

No, just saying that Schmidt would come cheaper.  If they were asking for the same contract, I'd still take Schmidt because I know how he punts in NEF and that he wouldn't get a penalty, much less 3 in a season.  

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, just saying that Schmidt would come cheaper.  If they were asking for the same contract, I'd still take Schmidt because I know how he punts in NEF and that he wouldn't get a penalty, much less 3 in a season.  

I disagree, and think you are pretty far out on a small island with that opinion but I’ll give you credit for taking the stance 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I disagree, and think you are pretty far out on a small island with that opinion but I’ll give you credit for taking the stance 

Opinions can and do vary.  And in reality, neither guy is winning or losing you any games.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not only is Schmidt not better than King, but his job isn't 100% secure.  It would be no surprise if he's challenged in camp just as he was last year before the season began.