funniest movie ever?

Pete

On 2018-04-05 at 11:28 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Off course Lenny & Squiggy made it all happen:

(Used Cards? Is that how one gets around Nazi Youtube intel rights bot? ;))

Never even heard of this movie. But laughed my ass off at the first clip. 

Humor is humor but it has changed a bit over the years.  I would put "Some Like it Hot" and the "Out of Towners" (Jack Lemmon version on my list.   There are plenty of funny Jack Lemmon movies.  And unless I missed it, I am surprised not a mention of any Marx Brother movies.

If I had to choose only one, I would go with the Holy Grail.

There are different types of funny - slapstick, situational, etc.

For me when entire movie is full of jokes, etc it is not funny it is redundant.  You need some plot development.

Top movies for me:

• Groundhog Day
  • Blues Brothers
  • Bicentennial Man

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, Paulus said:

I loved it as a kid. I remember laughing at the Rhino scene for what seemed like forever. As an adult, it is not what I remember. Again, I think a lot of this has to do with the age and circumstances we are in when we see a movie.

I'm not going to say there wasn't funny scenes here and there, but overall the movie was just so awful. Recycled lines from the first that didn't hit the mark, ect.

The whole reason the first was funny was because he's an outlandish character in a normal setting. When you put him an outlandish setting like Africa it dimmed down his character.

On April 6, 2018 at 10:00 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

1941... Even know it gets panned by many:

I thought 1941 was a horrible movie that utterly failed as a comedy....but the Slim Pickens scene you posted is f-ing hilarious!

I remember as a kid watching this scene and laughing uncontrollably to the point of crying.

Love how Slim Pickens sniffs cautiously and then calmly says "Prune juice."

LOL!

9 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I have never seen it, not a big ben stiller fan.

Ben can be very hit or miss and he is an acquired taste.

I remember him on the "Ben Stiller Show" back in the day on MTV (I think it was?) 

His sense of comedy is a bit out there, but if you are on his wavelength it can hilarious.

This skit had me in tears back in the day:

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

I have never seen it, not a big ben stiller fan.

Still worth a look. It's genuinely one of the funniest flicks around, and you don't even need to like Stiller because the comedy really belonged to Downey Jr. and, believe it or not, Tom Cruise. In fact, I was never much of a Jack Black fan, but he's funny as hell in it as well.

Seriously. Give it a look.

Many of my favorites are already listed. 

Would add 'Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan' 

Recently saw “The Voices” and thought it was hysterical, but also realize it’s probably more of an indictment of my sense of humor.  Probably the same reason I thought “Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead” was hysterical.