Bosch season 3 APRIL 13!!!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Best season,  IMO. Hopefully,  it's not the last.  It sure felt like it,  though. 

It did didn't it?

Which would be a shame. It's one of the best written shows I've seen since "homicide: life on the street"

• Like (+1) 2

I haven't watched season 4 yet, but I agree with the OP, one of the best written/produced crime series ever.  Completely underrated.  It makes sense that one of Wire producers is the showrunner for the series.  But still, it's completely LA.  Even if you've spent only a little time there, it reeks of an authenticity that is so lacking in so many shows.

Nothing flashy or gratuitous about it.  Just really well done.  Inspired casting of Bosch too, the actor himself is nothing at all like Bosch, but you wouldn't know that at all from his performance.  Just great stuff.

Also, I recommend Michael Connelly's books!  Start with his first Bosch book, "The Black Echo".  It's great!

20 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What you mean by this?

Now that you mentioned it, I just went back and looked at some interviews with him: I could have sworn he was irish and very metro-actor-ish !  But he's evidently not.  I'm not sure what I was thinking there....

My bad!  I fed you false info. -_-

Still, a superb performance by a great actor.

• Like (+1) 1