Where was this guy drafted?

James Richard Garoppolo (born November 2, 1991) is an American football quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Eastern Illinois and was drafted in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots, with whom he won two Super Bowls as the backup to Tom Brady.

As a senior in 2013, Garoppolo broke Tony Romo's school records for career passing touchdowns, career passing yards, and passing touchdowns in a season.[1][2][3] That season, he also won the Walter Payton Award as the best offensive player in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).[4]

Garoppolo saw light duty behind Brady in his seasons in New England. In October 2017, Garoppolo was traded by the Patriots to the 49ers. He won his first five starts with his new team as quarterback, which, including his two victorious starts for New England, earned him a 7–0 record as a starter, a feat last accomplished by Ben Roethlisberger in 2004. Garoppolo signed a lucrative, record-breaking five-year contract with the 49ers in February 2018

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How many **** threads are you planning on making today?

I guess I'm done, since I don't have your approval.    By the way,  Garo was a second round draft pick.  He was picked AFTER

Bortles #3

Manziel #22

Bridgewater #32

-----------------------

Carr   #36

Garoppolo  #62

------------------------

none in the 3rd round.

What do you say about all those NFL experts who chose Manziel and Bridgewater over Garoppolo?  Hmmmm,  the QB draft  had a 33% success rate for the first round and a 100% success rate for the second round. 

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I guess I'm done, since I don't have your approval.    By the way,  Garo was a second round draft pick.  He was picked AFTER

Bortles #3

Manziel #22

Bridgewater #32

-----------------------

Carr   #36

Garoppolo  #62

------------------------

none in the 3rd round.

What do you say about all those NFL experts who chose Manziel and Bridgewater over Garoppolo?  Hmmmm,  the QB draft  had a 33% success rate for the first round and a 100% success rate for the second round. 

Bortles is a success?

4 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Bortles #3

Manziel #22

Bridgewater #32

-----------------------

Carr   #36

Garoppolo  #62

------------------------

none in the 3rd round.

Come back here after Garoppolo has played an entire season. Then we will talk about the 100% success rate of the second round.

43 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

James Richard Garoppolo (born November 2, 1991) is an American football quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Eastern Illinois and was drafted in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots, with whom he won two Super Bowls as the backup to Tom Brady.

As a senior in 2013, Garoppolo broke Tony Romo's school records for career passing touchdowns, career passing yards, and passing touchdowns in a season.[1][2][3] That season, he also won the Walter Payton Award as the best offensive player in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).[4]

Garoppolo saw light duty behind Brady in his seasons in New England. In October 2017, Garoppolo was traded by the Patriots to the 49ers. He won his first five starts with his new team as quarterback, which, including his two victorious starts for New England, earned him a 7–0 record as a starter, a feat last accomplished by Ben Roethlisberger in 2004. Garoppolo signed a lucrative, record-breaking five-year contract with the 49ers in February 2018

Is this a trick question? It says it right here..

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Bortles #3

Manziel #22

Bridgewater #32

-----------------------

Carr   #36

Garoppolo  #62

------------------------

none in the 3rd round.

Just stop.  You're cherry picking data from one draft.  This is not the norm for a draft and you know that.  Why don't you go back and look at more than one draft and find out which round has better qbs.

9 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Just stop.  You're cherry picking data from one draft.  This is not the norm for a draft and you know that.  Why don't you go back and look at more than one draft and find out which round has better qbs.

BUT .    Every draft is different.   There are so many posters saying that we could NEVER (that is an absolute statement) get a good QB unless we trade up to the top 5 or top 10 or top half of the first round or first round......etc.  Pretty recent history proves that statement is  ignorant.  The "expert"s are often full of it.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

BUT .    Every draft is different.   There are so many posters saying that we could NEVER (that is an absolute statement) get a good QB unless we trade up to the top 5 or top 10 or top half of the first round or first round......etc.  Pretty recent history proves that statement is  ignorant.  The "expert"s are often full of it.

Just go by the law of averages then.  Top talent comes at the top of the draft it's a no brainer.  The guys you mentioned are outliers.  Could your scenario happen sure but odds are in favor of top players being taken at the top.  Plus I havnt seen anyone say it's impossible to get a QB outside the top 10.  I have seen many state it's improbable which is absolutely true.

Edited by Zebrastripes