Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

7 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Beane should be fired on the spot if he let the Jets and then the Patriots move ahead of him to select a QB and we are stuck at 12

Would be a complete disaster of a draft. Idc how many picks we have, a middle LB is not going to win you a Superbowl. 

A GM should be fired because of what other teams do ... wow ... holy job security .. so beyond his picking of Bills personnel .. he has to react to the other teams.

The Patriots are probably attempting to make the Bills panic and give up two farms for the Giants #2 pick for fear of losing Rosen. 

When in fact they are probably looking at tight ends who can replace Gronk as he is the one that makes that team so difficult to beat! The other position after letting Kony Ealy leave is an edge rusher. The Patriots did work out Chubb.

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The Patriots are probably attempting to make the Bills panic and give up two farms for the Giants #2 pick for fear of losing Rosen. 

When in fact they are probably looking at tight ends who can replace Gronk as he is the one that makes that team so difficult to beat! The other position after letting Kony Ealy leave is an edge rusher. The Patriots did work out Chubb.

Or they realized they weren’t going to be able to sign Cooks and took a sweet deal on a trade to acquire a 1st rd pick, which they really needed to add young, cost-effective  talent to a roster with holes.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Foxx said:

bellyboy attempting to force our hand?

Trying to drive the price up, no doubt. I couldn't see him dropping two #1s on a qb that is going to sit during what may be his last year with Brady. I could see him trying to get two divisional opponents to burn extra pIcks, though. 

And I would love to see a quarterback room with an outspoken anti-trump QB being mentored by one of Donalds good friends.

5 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Trying to drive the price up, no doubt. I couldn't see him dropping two #1s on a qb that is going to sit during what may be his last year with Brady. I could see him trying to get two divisional opponents to burn extra pIcks, though. 

agreed. however, just the spectre of them being within striking range of trading up should be enough to instill fear, uncertainty and doubt in the minds of the rest of the AFCE.

Edited by Foxx

3 hours ago, ALF said:

I would think NE* wants to replace LT Nate Solder rather then move up for QB. Jordan Matthews would be cheaper then Cooks 

McGlinchey has Patriots written all over him. They are in a great spot to grab him. They also probably trade out of 31 to get more picks later in the draft. They are in the perfect trade down spot for someone who wants to get a guy with that 5th year option. 

The quarterback stuff just pushes position players down the board. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

McGlinchey has Patriots written all over him. They are in a great spot to grab him. They also probably trade out of 31 to get more picks later in the draft. They are in the perfect trade down spot for someone who wants to get a guy with that 5th year option. 

If McGlinchey makes it to #23..... I agree though having thought about it long and hard LT is probably what they are targeting here. I'm a big Connor Williams guy, I think McGlinchey is very good too and despite his horrible combine performance I still like Brown on film too.  I'm not totally sold that Wynn can't play tackle at the NFL level either.... so there might be 4 guys to go at within a reasonable range.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

Allen would make a lot of sense to NE if Brady is two years out 

My gut feeling is Brady is not going to be one of those QB's that slowly degrades, he is just going to lock up and go into the junk pile. The Patriots got totally burned on the Jimmy G trade, I think they will do whatever it takes to get a QB from this draft and my gut is saying Rosen.

The more I think about it, I think this has much less to do with the Pats trying to trade up for a QB than them trading away Cook who is in a contract year after negotiations broke down.  They realized that he was asking more than what they were willing to pay (similar to what we saw with Watkins) and they wanted to get value while they could.   Mission accomplished.

Plus, could you just imagine the hissy fit that Marsha would have?  The relationship between him and Belichick would be unbearable and I just don't see Kraft signing off on that.

1. How is Cooks worth a 1st? He's not very good, certainly not a WR1, and he's on the last year of his contract.

2. Pats trading it all to get a QB makes no sense unless Brady told them this is his last year

3. Even if he said this is his last year, wouldn't they then try and get some impact players to surround him for 1 more shot at a title? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

1. How is Cooks worth a 1st? He's not very good, certainly not a WR1, and he's on the last year of his contract.

2. Pats trading it all to get a QB makes no sense unless Brady told them this is his last year

3. Even if he said this is his last year, wouldn't they then try and get some impact players to surround him for 1 more shot at a title? 

I'm amazed they were able to trade Cooks for so much. The writing is on the wall with Brady, he will be 41 and this will be the year he drops off big time. I think Belicheat really like one of the QB's and will move heaven and earth to get him.

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Sammy Watkins = Rams 2nd round pick -last year if his contract

Brandon Cooks.  = Rams 1st round pick -last year of his contract

What the F are the Rams doing?

3 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

23,31 and Brady to Cleveland for 1 and 4

No team will trade for Brady at this point.  He's got a year left and would probably retire immediately if there was talk of being traded.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The risk is taking a QB who they have ranked lower than the others, not spending draft picks that they’ve spent a year accumulating and scouting to be in position to get the one they want.

Rodgers is the only current QB that I would give 5 picks for, which means I would not give 5 picks for any of these rookie guns.  If Rosen is still there at 4, I'd give 12, and a 2nd this year and next.  No more.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

No team will trade for Brady at this point.  He's got a year left and would probably retire immediately if there was talk of being traded.

Brady has to play at least another 2 seasons. His TB12 brand is dependent on longevity.