Josh Rosen snaps back on Mora comments

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He might be a dick but he's 100% right in his feelings on Rosen. He's tired of babysitting the premadonna.  Rosen will have a very short lived NFL career marked by injuries and conflicts with authority figures called coaches.

Who’s the premadonna?  The kid who made himself a top 10 nfl pick despite playing with one of the worst defenses in college football? Or the average at best coach who keeps getting jobs because of who his daddy is?

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He might be a dick but he's 100% right in his feelings on Rosen. He's tired of babysitting the premadonna.  Rosen will have a very short lived NFL career marked by injuries and conflicts with authority figures called coaches.

So Tom Brady i guess never yells or has conflicts with his coaches right?

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope I think he is the best of the three i want. 

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

only time i really go in all defense mode on him is the character assassination that this kid has gone thru since the summer. 

But the one that attitude is more worrisome (Mayfield) is well loved. 

Honestly, Mayfield's immature attitude is scary. I actually have to defer to Ryan Leafs comments on him. It's concerning and in my opinion crazy can always recognise crazy. I like Baker a whole lot, but he needs to be in the right locker room. Strong coaching and vet leadership.

One concern I do have with Rosen is our locker room. Rosen is inquisitive. He likes to learn and be challenged. Do we really think Dave Culley is going to be the guy to help do that? I'd wager that Rosen knows more on QBs than Culley does. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope I think he is the best of the three i want. 

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

only time i really go in all defense mode on him is the character assassination that this kid has gone thru since the summer. 

But the one that attitude is more worrisome (Mayfield) is well loved. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just find him the most entertaining. I have no idea if he will actually be any good. Luckily, my opinion won't have any bearing on what the team actually does!

27 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:
54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Best response by Rosen could have been no response. At least to me this comes across a tad snarky. He's had a ton of questions about leadership and ability to play well with others. Not a great look on him imo

Shut up and throw:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

how do we know this was directed at Mora?  i don't get it

I kept reading through all the comments looking for some sort of reason to believe that this tweet was related to Mora's quotes too. I don't get it either.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, so predictable.

Any draft pick who is talking right now is an idiot. I don't know anything about this dude, but I know he's opening his damn mouth. Action walks, bulshit talks

42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's a prima donna cause he asks why?

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/13394/peyton-mannings-words-have-been-direct-and-to-the-same-points

On working through a new playbook, Manning said: "I certainly ask a lot of questions and I’m always learning ... you always have to be learning and asking a lot of questions. I ask a lot of questions of (offensive coordinator Rick Dennison) and coach Kubiak, and am trying to learn from them. This is the time to ask questions. They kind of encourage that. Ask questions, and if you don’t ask, that’s kind of on you. That’s your mistake. I try to ask a lot."

Guess Peytons was a prima donna too. He also came from a family with money and had his share of college mishaps. The character assassination of Rosen is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly, Mayfield's immature attitude is scary. I actually have to defer to Ryan Leafs comments on him. It's concerning and in my opinion crazy can always recognise crazy. I like Baker a whole lot, but he needs to be in the right locker room. Strong coaching and vet leadership.

One concern I do have with Rosen is our locker room. Rosen is inquisitive. He likes to learn and be challenged. Do we really think Dave Culley is going to be the guy to help do that? I'd wager that Rosen knows more on QBs than Culley does. 

No but listen to him with Rodgers. Rodgers even says something about doing little games with himself in practice to stay stimulated. 

Also i worry about Drafting Mayfields Dad when you draft Mayfield as well. Was horrible during recruiting screams RGIII dad as well

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

That is a bit of worry because I don’t really think of anyone one our staff as being an offensive guru.  That said, I like guys like Rosen and Darold more because I don’t trust us to develop a rawer qb like Lamar Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Am I missing something?  Guess I dont see the correlation with this being a "snap back" at Mora.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/23002211/former-ucla-coach-jim-mora-says-quarterback-josh-rosen-needs-challenged-reach-potential

"He needs to be challenged intellectually so he doesn't get bored. He's a millennial. He wants to know why. Millennials, once they know why, they're good. Josh has a lot of interests in life. If you can hold his concentration level and focus only on football for a few years, he will set the world on fire. He has so much ability, and he's a really good kid," Mora told Sports Illustrated.