I am with the gov't and here to help thread

13 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Get one guy here and there?

You may, or may not, know this about me,  but my nightly duty is to remove impaired drivers from the roadways.  I'm pretty good at it.  Sometimes it takes just one stop, sometimes I have to make 10 stops, before I find my fish. Every stop I make is legal.  Do the ends justify the means,  here?  What happens when me,  and those like me,  aren't around? How are you going to take it upon yourself to prevent a drunk from crashing into you or your loved ones? Or,  will you stand on the firm,  sandy ground of "it won't happen to me"?

I'd rather take my chances, then get caught up in the collateral damage.

Your means are still not paying the bills, balancing the gov't pay out.

We are blowing up the house because of a few ants.

Make enough crazy laws, and everything is illegal.  Even Jesus couldn't go to the supermarket without something wrong with his vehicle, caught up in a fishing expedition.  Those fishing expeditions are weighing heavier on the poorest in society... The ones without the means or personal stamina to live in your perfect world out side their four walls of their house.

And... There in lies the breaking point in society.  Tell yourself you are doing good work legally harassing 9 to get 1.  Good for you.  I will take my 10% chance rather than having it slightly lowered.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I'd rather take my chances, then get caught up in the collateral damage.

Your means are still not paying the bills, balancing the gov't pay out.

We are blowing up the house because of a few ants.

Make enough crazy laws, and everything is illegal.  Even Jesus couldn't go to the supermarket without something wrong with his vehicle, caught up in a fishing expedition.  Those fishing expeditions are weighing heavier on the poorest in society... The ones without the means or personal stamina to live in your perfect world out side their four walls of their house.

And... There in lies the breaking point in society.  Tell yourself you are doing good work legally harassing 9 to get 1.  Good for you.  I will take my 10% chance rather than having it slightly lowered.

Harassing 9?? Every stop I make is legal,  my friend.  Just because you and your crackpot beliefs feel this is harassment doesn't make it objectively so.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Harassing 9?? Every stop I make is legal,  my friend.  Just because you and your crackpot beliefs feel this is harassment doesn't make it objectively so.  

I said legally harassing.  Again, so many crazy laws on books, you can stop Jesus for not having his schist together.

Peter gives him an air freshner to hang from his rearview mirror, you can harass him for that.

Back in 2009:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-11-08/news/0911070147_1_fresheners-illinois-state-police-warnings

In my cracked windshield defense that wasn't violating motor code for obstruction, I cited:

People v. Moffitt, 2012 IL App (5th) 110250-U - Illinois Courts

But what poor person in the ghetto has time for this... Just suck it up and be extorted.  You'll get your man in 9 more stops and payments from the citations will just make the system a little scratch to offset an already upside down system in the red that's on the taxpayer's dime for the rest.

One payout for 10s of millions on a wrongful death just gets the system to double down more on its citizenry. Pass the ticky tackyness onto the customers.

Thank you for your service!  You're from the gov't and here to help.<_<

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I said legally harassing.  Again, so many crazy laws on books, you can stop Jesus for not having his schist together.

Peter gives him an air freshner to hang from his rearview mirror, you can harass him for that.

Back in 2009:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-11-08/news/0911070147_1_fresheners-illinois-state-police-warnings

In my cracked windshield defense that wasn't violating motor code for obstruction, I cited:

People v. Moffitt, 2012 IL App (5th) 110250-U - Illinois Courts

But what poor person in the ghetto has time for this... Just suck it up and be extorted.  You'll get your man in 9 more stops and payments from the citations will just make the system a little scratch to offset an already upside down system in the red that's on the taxpayer's dime for the rest.

One payout for 10s of millions on a wrongful death just gets the system to double down more on its citizenry. Pass the ticky tackyness onto the customers.

Thank you for your service!  You're from the gov't and here to help.<_<

I'm fully aware of your backstory, and the genesis for your cop hatred. But,  thanks for the reminder. 

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

I'm fully aware of your backstory, and the genesis for your cop hatred. But,  thanks for the reminder. 

There is a backstory as there is with you.  I am also an agent of the gov't... Yet, there is no need to create a revenue stream, yours & my taxes take care of that.

No hatred to you or cops.  You're a product of the systemic parasitism that surrounds our enforcement system.  I don't fault you, you are trying to keep the roads safe but the means IMO don't justify it.  Maybe you can justify it, it is your job.

As people, citizens are the root of their troubles & drama in life,  so is the system to blame for their troubles.

I appreciate the good work you do.

Answer me this.  Say all the "fish" (your own words for the citizenry) that goes through your "net"... Do you ever just let the clean (ones that have a clean record) go without a fine? Got all their crap together go with just a warning?  Or does the Department demand you cook up $$$ revenue?  Are you allowed to call the shots on these decisions?  Are there rules to punishing drivers or not?  I suppose its mood driven, atitude, etc... from both the driver and officer??? 

Honestly, in this day and age, people don't want to be pulled over for ticky tackness, have their hectic lives disrupted by an over-officious agent of the gov't. And then sit there to shoot the schist with a cop. Sorry,  that's not hate... It's not love either.  Just let someone get from point A to point B, you see one do something, or see they have something egregiously wrong... Then pull them over, fish all you want and if everything is clean... Let them go with one warning... No $$$, punitive damages.  IMO, that's what is stressing many out.  How much will the gov't extort from me today on my way to work if I am not perfect?  For a lot, their lifeline is that vehicle.  I understand many can't keep their vehicles as perfect as the law wants.  Wouldn't fix it tickets, no fines build good will among the citizenry?  This is why this type of punitive enforcement disproportionately affects the poorer communities more... They already can't keep their crap together and punitive enforcement makes the situation worse.

I know people are lazy and there is a need for punitive enforcement but why not build good will among your not so perfect, but honestly trying citizenry?

Right now... You are simply not trusted. I don't hate.  Sorry. Shootings in Sacramento, etc... Aren't helping build greater trust.

Dream grace, dream perfection but live life.

/end... I should play for the Loyola Ramblers... :D

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

There is a backstory as there is with you.  I am also an agent of the gov't... Yet, there is no need to create a revenue stream, yours & my taxes take care of that.

No hatred to you or cops.  You're a product of the systemic parasitism that surrounds our enforcement system.  I don't fault you, you are trying to keep the roads safe but the means IMO don't justify it.  Maybe you can justify it, it is your job.

As people, citizens are the root of their troubles & drama in life,  so is the system to blame for their troubles.

I appreciate the good work you do.

Answer me this.  Say all the "fish" (your own words for the citizenry) that goes through your "net"... Do you ever just let the clean (ones that have a clean record) go without a fine? Got all their crap together go with just a warning?  Or does the Department demand you cook up $$$ revenue?  Are you allowed to call the shots on these decisions?  Are there rules to punishing drivers or not?  I suppose its mood driven, atitude, etc... from both the driver and officer??? 

Honestly, in this day and age, people don't want to be pulled over for ticky tackness, have their hectic lives disrupted by an over-officious agent of the gov't. And then sit there to shoot the schist with a cop. Sorry,  that's not hate... It's not love either.  Just let someone get from point A to point B, you see one do something, or see they have something egregiously wrong... Then pull them over, fish all you want and if everything is clean... Let them go with one warning... No $$$, punitive damages.  IMO, that's what is stressing many out.  

Newsflash: this is how most of us operate. When I say most, I mean 95%+.  Unless you are doing something crazy, stupid, or are drunk  you are likely getting a warning.  Do you honestly think that we enjoy going to court on our days off? Contrary to what you believe,  cops are people. Living,  breathing human beings that have thoughts,  feelings,  hurts, and desires.  The vast majority are good, even exceptional, people and are doing the job out of a sense of duty.  There are some bad, power tripping cops.  Heck,  you may even have the blessing to be stopped by a rookie who spent 6 months in the academy having wet dreams about writing that first ticket.  The reality of the job changes em,  and most of us learn what is really important.  

You are a dreamer,  though.  That's a good thing, in a way.  Especially if you actually do something to make those dreams reality.  For now,  however,  I am a realist. The reality is evil exists.  People make mistakes. I'm willing try to mitigate the damages done by that evil and those mistakes.  Just remember, that I am also human,  so it is possible that I make a mistake too. I'm doing the best I can,  though.  And, so are the vast majority of my brothers and sisters in blue. 

I'm not mandated by anyone to write a ticket in any given situation. The decision is mine,  and mine alone.  I don't give two poops about where the money goes.  All I care about is preventing recidivism in unsafe driving behaviors.  That can be done most times with a friendly smile,  and a warning. I admit that this is not the case for small town cops where there may be a political agenda. But these are not the rule where I am.  All bets are off if you get stoppedby a cop on a motorcycle.  They fall in that 5% of cops I referenced earlier. 

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Newsflash: this is how most of us operate. When I say most, I mean 95%+.  Unless you are doing something crazy, stupid, or are drunk  you are likely getting a warning.  Do you honestly think that we enjoy going to court on our days off? Contrary to what you believe,  cops are people. Living,  breathing human beings that have thoughts,  feelings,  hurts, and desires.  The vast majority are good, even exceptional, people and are doing the job out of a sense of duty.  There are some bad, power tripping cops.  Heck,  you may even have the blessing to be stopped by a rookie who spent 6 months in the academy having wet dreams about writing that first ticket.  The reality of the job changes em,  and most of us learn what is really important.  

You are a dreamer,  though.  That's a good thing, in a way.  Especially if you actually do something to make those dreams reality.  For now,  however,  I am a realist. The reality is evil exists.  People make mistakes. I'm willing try to mitigate the damages done by that evil and those mistakes.  Just remember, that I am also human,  so it is possible that I make a mistake too. I'm doing the best I can,  though.  And, so are the vast majority of my brothers and sisters in blue. 

I'm not mandated by anyone to write a ticket in any given situation. The decision is mine,  and mine alone.  I don't give two poops about where the money goes.  All I care about is preventing recidivism in unsafe driving behaviors.  That can be done most times with a friendly smile,  and a warning. I admit that this is not the case for small town cops where there may be a political agenda. But these are not the rule where I am.  All bets are off if you get stoppedby a cop on a motorcycle.  They fall in that 5% of cops I referenced earlier. 

So there was a gun? (Not just one of those killer cell phones) 

Edited by thebug

6 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You're arguing with a dylexic wall. It's futile.

21 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It really baffles me why people want to yell, scream, argue, and carry on like jackasses with the cops. You know, because making a fool of yourself and pissing everyone off is going to convince the officer not to give you tickets/arrest you.

Ask for a lawyer, say nothing else, and let them do what they're going to do. Handle the rest later. It's not hard.

I'm actually reading a book that discusses this very topic. Steven Pinkers Better Angels of our Nature. It deals with the decline in violence in history and society since the Neolithic Revolution. 

He points out out that many people--urban blacks in The United States for instance--do not feel invested in the criminal justice system and see them as the enemy. This has many causes, mostly that cops are not of the same race, experience and or culture as the people they police. He argues that this creates a feud environment like Andrew Jackson lived in, where you settle your own scores, and don't trust the police. This is a common theme all over the world where there is either no cops, or corrupt cops or a distrust in the system. 

I agree with you, if I get pulled over I'm just waiting for instructions, but others don't see it that way, and not just black people. 

13 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So, in EII's perfect world where someone steals his gun... does he call the cops to report it stolen? Does he embark on his own mission to investigate and then locate the perpetrator(s) that stole his gun using his own personal resources? In the real world,  a report was taken. In the real world,  a street cop just doing his job and needlessly harassing the American public by pulling them over for petty traffic offenses comes across EII's stolen gun after it is pointed at him.  The thief tries to kill the jackboot. Thanks to the jackboot's robot training and ability to recognize signs of imminent danger,  he saves his own life and kills the thief. Not so much as a thank you from EII for recovering his stolen gun either,  probably. 

Names in the above story have been changed to protect the innocent.  

Chuck that phone my dude :lol:

Edited by LeviF91

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I'm actually reading a book that discusses this very topic. Steven Pinkers Better Angels of our Nature. It deals with the decline in violence in history and society since the Neolithic Revolution. 

He points out out that many people--urban blacks in The United States for instance--do not feel invested in the criminal justice system and see them as the enemy. This has many causes, mostly that cops are not of the same race, experience and or culture as the people they police. He argues that this creates a feud environment like Andrew Jackson lived in, where you settle your own scores, and don't trust the police. This is a common theme all over the world where there is either no cops, or corrupt cops or a distrust in the system. 

I agree with you, if I get pulled over I'm just waiting for instructions, but others don't see it that way, and not just black people. 

I get that argument, and whether someone wants to act like an ass because they don't trust the system isn't going to make problems go away.

Unfortunately, all they wind up accomplishing is making things very much worse for themselves by being resistant. I have seen minor traffic violations turn into felony charges because someone wanted to be a jackass. It's just not worth it. Take your !@#$ing ticket and go on with life. Fight it later in the appropriate forum (which is not by the side of the road or in the police station.)

7 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

It was my night off.  I was bored and my harassment quota hadn't been met.  Oh well. 

Should have went to the quickie Mart and found some of those colored folks you cops like to harass. It'd have been much more fruitful. 

#raysis

8 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Should have went to the quickie Mart and found some of those colored folks you cops like to harass. It'd have been much more fruitful. 

#raysis

Whody who, whody who!

He don't smoke cigarillos.  Folks would be sniffing him out as a cop in a heatbeat.  Yet, he may be able to blend in with the short combed hair, tight mustache, aviator sunglasses.

Screaming Type A all over the place... That's a threat in da hood.  Nervous white guy not be chillin'.

<_<

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Whody who, whody who!

He don't smoke cigarillos.  Folks would be sniffing him out as a cop in a heatbeat.  Yet, he may be able to blend in with the short combed hair, tight mustache, aviator sunglasses.

Screaming Type A all over the place... That's a threat in da hood.  Nervous white guy not be chillin'.

<_<

Are you profiling me?? You think I look like Lieutenant Dangle from Reno 911?

• Haha (+1) 1