I am with the gov't and here to help thread

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/us/stephon-clark-independent-autopsy.html

A nation policed by dim wits... 3 minutes after they discharge 8 rounds from their weapons:

"...Video showed officers shouting at Mr. Clark minutes after the shooting stopped. “We need to know if you’re O.K.,” an officer yelled about three minutes after the gunfire ended. “We need to get you medics but we can’t go over to get you help unless we know you don’t have a weapon.”

Dr. Omalu said the autopsy suggested that Mr. Clark lived for three to 10 minutes after the shooting, adding to questions about the amount of time it took to get him treatment. Medical assistance did not arrive until about six minutes after the shooting.

Dr. Omalu said that he could not determine if Mr. Clark would have survived if he had received medical attention more quickly, but “every minute you wait decreases probability of survival.”..."

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A nation policed by dim wits... 3 minutes after they discharge 8 rounds from their weapons:

"...Video showed officers shouting at Mr. Clark minutes after the shooting stopped. “We need to know if you’re O.K.,” an officer yelled about three minutes after the gunfire ended. “We need to get you medics but we can’t go over to get you help unless we know you don’t have a weapon.”

Dr. Omalu said the autopsy suggested that Mr. Clark lived for three to 10 minutes after the shooting, adding to questions about the amount of time it took to get him treatment. Medical assistance did not arrive until about six minutes after the shooting.

Dr. Omalu said that he could not determine if Mr. Clark would have survived if he had received medical attention more quickly, but “every minute you wait decreases probability of survival.”..."

So they just stood around looking at each other "I'm not going over there, call over to the guy who has been shot 8 times and ask him if he is going to hurt us" 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Servicemen in Iraq took more risks to aid injured insurgents in combat situations...  :wallbash:  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Ignorance is bliss,  eh?

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Ignorance is bliss,  eh?

Blindly following your Union Bros and band of blue is too! I guess we are all lemmings then, some more immune than others.

Remember: Shoot first ask questions later.  Doesn't this quote prove it?  Trigger happy policing:

"We need to get you medics but we can’t go over to get you help unless we know you don’t have a weapon.”

(BTW, This isn't a war zone, who calls them "medics." If they have a gun, most civilians call these weapons just "guns", that is what they are mainly getting shot over: guns.  You mean this guy got 8 slugs pumped into him for possibly wielding a butter knife or even worse, his cellphone?)

If these trigger happy low watts, trained robots were smart, they would have just shouted: "Put down your weapon! Put down your gun!"  They had no idea if guy was armed or not.  They shot first, asked questions later.

IMO, important question... Are these guys Vets?  What's their background, training, etc...

You will eventually realize, that nobody wants or needs your help.  But keep on thinking they do.

The one good thing about this... Maybe peope will think twice about calling cops for help and figure their problems out by themselves.

Wow... How "conservative" of me... Thinking people can do without gov't intrusion in their lives. And... It starts with the gov't enforcement arm of the law.

Also... Maybe LEO's should think twice about their stance on gun control and the 2nd if every situation they go into is going to be hot and they discharge slugs like scared little girls. This ain't Iraq, one has a choice when it comes determining their vocation and what their occupation is.  Incidents like this in Sacremento either prove that too many are in the wrong profession or trained like robots.

Typical gov't employee.  Always their safety before others.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Servicemen in Iraq took more risks to aid injured insurgents in combat situations...  :wallbash:  

Exactly what I am getting at!!!! THANK YOU!

Sorry... I am reading up thread or I would have got to your reply first and foremost!

Are these guys Vets?  What's their background. 

I am 50 now... You a year younger. Whole police forces are now younger than us.

Or were these Dudes close to retirement and thinking.  Heck, this puke ain't going to wreck my 50s gravy train... Pump him full of lead.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It's not blindly following my "union brothers", ding dong. It's having an understanding of SOPs, generally accepted practices, and training within the profession.  None of which you have.  Hence, you are an ignorant fool and you keep proclaiming it from the mountaintops. 

7 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

It's not blindly following my "union brothers", ding dong. It's having an understanding of SOPs, generally accepted practices, and training within the profession.  None of which you have.  Hence, you are an ignorant fool and you keep proclaiming it from the mountaintops. 

You are letting your arogance show.  Yes, that (bolded) I don't have, but don't misjudge my understanding.  It's your fatal error and why there is a policing crisis in this country.

And guess what?  Those SOPs, generally accepted practices, and training within your profession ARE broken. Everything can't be codified, done by what's written down in policy. You are not a robot. Your profession has been para-militarized.  I get it, I see how it can happen... After all I do work for the Department of Army, it's a clusterphuck of accepted practices, SOPs, never ending robotic training. In almost 30 years here, we have never acted more military (in a civilian setting, serving civilans) than now.  We are very much broken too. The police are being turned into paramilitary governmental robots by how they are trained.  Did I not touch on that above?

It's like the robo car hitting the lady in Arizona. Yeah, she may have been a dumbazz and bit it because of her own illogical stupidity, does she deserve to die?  Threaten other's safety on road?  That's what the human behind wheel has to minimize, mitigate. Time to wake up from behind the wheel and be a human no matter how you are programmed.  Don't hide behind that programming/training.

The foreign wars aren't helping... It's bleeding into the training. God knows who's returning and how they are adjusting.

I am not against you.  I see where some people are really going wrong in society, how they conduct their daily life.  I am not a problem for you, but I am threat to how you conduct business. And, to a lesser extent your safety.  But by being less safe as an officer, you have to suck up in the name of service, doing good, quality, & ethical work.  I am against the arrogance and closed mindedness within your community.  A community that quickly is more and more isolated by the brand of governmental law enforcement they are employing.  This is not Iraq or Afghanistan, you won't fix this being more distant from the people you serve.  You won't fix it by shooting first then asking questions later. Just like a child and her parent, he'll just tune you out after awhile.

Change is hard. Changing culture within a group that faces daily life and death obstacles, even harder. I can understand why you are so defensive, etc..

Peace.

I am going to post this here because it's Easter and fitting giving our differences and those with others:

https://wtmcclendon.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/judas-trees-and-jesus/

You aren't expected to understand it or why, just process it.

"...Rather than stoop to the level of our adversaries, let us rise to the example of Christ. Jesus calls us all His friends and we’ve all let Him down like Judas. Look around you in the coming days and let the Judas Trees inspire you to turn your enemies into friends!"

Happy Easter!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You are letting your arogance show.  Yes, that (bolded) I don't have, but don't misjudge my understanding.  It's your fatal error and why there is a policing crisis in this country.

And guess what?  Those SOPs, generally accepted practices, and training within your profession ARE broken. Everything can't be codified, done by what's written down in policy. You are not a robot. Your profession has been para-militarized.  I get it, I see how it can happen... After all I do work for the Department of Army, it's a clusterphuck of accepted practices, SOPs, never ending robotic training. In almost 30 years here, we have never acted more military (in a civilian setting, serving civilans) than now.  We are very much broken too. The police are being turned into paramilitary governmental robots by how they are trained.  Did I not touch on that above?

It's like the robo car hitting the lady in Arizona. Yeah, she may have been a dumbazz and bit it because of her own illogical stupidity, does she deserve to die?  Threaten other's safety on road?  That's what the human behind wheel has to minimize, mitigate. Time to wake up from behind the wheel and be a human no matter how you are programmed.  Don't hide behind that programming/training.

The foreign wars aren't helping... It's bleeding into the training. God knows who's returning and how they are adjusting.

I am not against you.  I see where some people are really going wrong in society, how they conduct their daily life.  I am not a problem for you, but I am threat to how you conduct business. And, to a lesser extent your safety.  But by being less safe as an officer, you have to suck up in the name of service, doing good, quality, & ethical work.  I am against the arrogance and closed mindedness within your community.  A community that quickly is more and more isolated by the brand of governmental law enforcement they are employing.  This is not Iraq or Afghanistan, you won't fix this being more distant from the people you serve.  You won't fix it by shooting first then asking questions later. Just like a child and her parent, he'll just tune you out after awhile.

Change is hard. Changing culture within a group that faces daily life and death obstacles, even harder. I can understand why you are so defensive, etc..

Peace.

A) they believed he was armed

B) they couldn't control his hands

C) they don't approach until they can do so, or at least mitigate the potential threat tactically. I.E. waiting for backup.

I'm only defensive because of your "we are policed by dimwits" statement. You rail on cops consistently.  Your hatred of all things law enforcement related is ridiculous. Yet, I am the close minded one. You are completely ignorant on the topic. If you are so interested in making change,  I suggest you educate yourself first.  If all you actually wanna do is B word and moan on a message board, then carry on.  I will continue to call you a moron, however.

And, no, I'm not interested in being 'A less safe officer '.  Cops are trained the way that they are trained because it is a profession.   You want me to do something outside of my training,  putting myself and my agency civilly liable? Then,  I get fired cuz I didn't follow my rules and regs?  What world do you live in? That is an absolutely ridiculous expectation. 

• Like (+1) 2

I don't pretend to stand in judgement of how you,  or a doctor,  or a pilot,  or any other professional does their job.  I have no idea how to open a loch,  or whatever it is that you do.  I haven't been trained.  Why do you feel encouraged to stand upon your soapbox of ignorance and judge how cops do/should do their jobs? ESPECIALLY when all you have is a snippet of the information and evidence available? By all means,  form an opinion.. but educate yourself and wait for more information before you broadcast your subjective belief that all cops are dimwits.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

The bottom line is if the police give you a order do exactly what they say period. 

Yes. I don't get what's so hard about this.

EII has proudly proclaimed to have no respect for the police

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

The bottom line is if the police give you a order do exactly what they say period. 

It really baffles me why people want to yell, scream, argue, and carry on like jackasses with the cops. You know, because making a fool of yourself and pissing everyone off is going to convince the officer not to give you tickets/arrest you.

Ask for a lawyer, say nothing else, and let them do what they're going to do. Handle the rest later. It's not hard.

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Especially when I know I’m in the wrong

No. Not accurate. When you know you're in the wrong is when it's easy

When you have no idea what's going on, that's when there's a big issue. That's when you just need to do whatever the !@#$ they say because you have no idea what's going on and it could get bad