One more thing to blame Trump for

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Watching the meltdown over this from over seas has been HILARIOUS. Best example of the lunacy is here in this Twitter thread: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/JYSexton/status/979330901288112128

(the entire writing staff are super liberals of course... But when facts get in the way of a narrative best to ignore them)

CNN had an awesome opinion piece where the writer was trying to manage his cognitive dissonance over simultaneously hating (for being pro-Trump) and liking (for being pro-gay) Roseanne, while simultaneously praising and damning the show for being an accurate representation of the destructive effects of the Trump tax plan ("they haven't even gotten a new couch in the past 20 years!") and an accurate representation of the basket of deplorables that elected Trump...which of course required the writer of the piece to ignore the deftness with which the show's writers handled the first two episodes ("my body, my choice" and "cross-dressing/transgendered" nonsense).  

Of course, the basic flaw that, had he realized it would have resolved ALL his cognitive dissonance, was that the writer of the piece can't distinguish between "Roseanne" the show and "Roseanne" the person.  Reasonable, rational, sane people - i.e. not CNN opinion writers - can understand and even discuss both sides of an issue, and acting professionals can even play a role that espouses beliefs they don't personally hold through this activity called "acting."

• Like (+1) 1