Bills draft odds for the QB position

billspro

1 hour ago, billspro said:

What do you think the Bills draft odds are for each of the QBs? 

This is is what I am going with after too many hours deliberating this:

Baker Mayfield 35%

Josh Rosen 30%

Mason Rudolph 15%

Sam Darnold 5%

Mike White 5%

Lamar Jackson 5%

Other QBs 5%

The Bills draft 12th so right now... 

Baker Mayfield 10%

Josh Allen 2%

Josh Rosen 7%

Mason Rudolph 15%

Sam Darnold 1%

Lamar Jackson 15%

Other QBs 50%

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm slightly discouraged something didn't happen during the owners meetings.  But I have a hunch Beane walked out of there knowing what the price would be for #2.  Either it's something we aren't in position to pay right now requiring one more little jump up and we want to be sure we are comfortable if we did get stuck, or we just want to be sure the #2 (or #1) guy on our board is that much above the #4.  I completely feel the uneasiness, but these guys know they need to find a real answer at QB and I simply don't believe their evaluations on a guy like Mason Rudolph is THAT much different than everything else that's come out about him, to the point were they are comfortable with a day 2 caliber player being their answer.

if it makes you feel any better, the narrative on the John Murphy Show has changed over the past couple of weeks.  at first he was arguing that the Bills should sit back and wait and see who falls to them.  he was completely against trading up.  now every single show is about how they should trade up and how they have so much draft capital that they have a lot of options.  it seems as though someone at OBD told them we are trading up so start warming the fans up to the idea that it's going to happen so they aren't shocked.  Murph pushes his propaganda and the fans eat it up and everyone is happy

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:

We would be lucky to draft Mayfield.  Kids a fighter with the fire to win. Grab him at 6 or 4 and im good with it.

Problem is that if Barkley is at 4 the Browns might be unwilling to trade, get your QB for the future and the best player in the draft while still having 3 second round picks to build up the rest of your roster is a hell of a proposition. Then the Broncos could swoop in at 5 and take Mayfield or whoever the last of the 4 remaining QB's are. That's the worst-case scenario for the Bills QB wise. In that event, I could see the Bills taking a flyer on Lamar Jackson as an uber high potential project. Jackson, in my opinion, could be the highest potential prospect at QB but you have to be willing to sit him for 2 seasons to get him comfortable in a system and polish up his fundamentals. If the Bills miss out why not take Jackson and use the rest of the picks to build up the rest of the team around AJ. 

8 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

50% Baker

50% Allen

Just my hunch based on nothing, but I think we are going to move into position to secure Baker as a worst case scenario pretty soon.  Then I think we'll work on getting the guy we really want (Allen) at 2.

I may be wrong but I don't think the Bills even met with Allen after his pro day.

40 - mayfield 

30 - rosen

20 - allen

5 - Jackson 

5 - field 

i think they aggressively try to move up, it’ll be a challenge to get to the top but settle for a physical specimen if they can’t get a top tier passer. I don’t think they get a low ceiling high floor guy. It’ll be high ceiling passer or high ceiling athlete as plan b

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

40 - mayfield 

30 - rosen

20 - allen

5 - Jackson 

5 - field 

i think they aggressively try to move up, it’ll be a challenge to get to the top but settle for a physical specimen if they can’t get a top tier passer. I don’t think they get a low ceiling high floor guy. It’ll be high ceiling passer or high ceiling athlete as plan b

I was trying to come up with odds and I think you have it right. Not the order I pick, but % wise correct.

Just now, horned dogs said:

I was trying to come up with odds and I think you have it right. Not the order I pick, but % wise correct.

Which do you swap? 

I only have mayfield higher than Rosen because I think they are more likely to land at 4-6 than 2

9 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I would think the odds for Jackson and Rudolph would be the highest simply due to those two being the easiest and the least barriers to get to for Buffalo.

1.)  Jackson

2.)  Rudolph

3)  Mayfield

4a.) Allen

4b.) Rosen

5)  Other QB

6) Darnold

Again i I feel this order is based on my view of the path of least resistance.

This post makes much more sense. 

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Which do you swap? 

I only have mayfield higher than Rosen because I think they are more likely to land at 4-6 than 2

I think your odds are right because it is more likely they can get Mayfield. I have Rosen as the top target for us at QB, followed by Darnold and Mayfield.

10 hours ago, billspro said:

What do you think the Bills draft odds are for each of the QBs? 

This is is what I am going with after too many hours deliberating this:

Baker Mayfield 35%

Josh Rosen 30%

Mason Rudolph 15%

Sam Darnold 5%

Mike White 5%

Lamar Jackson 5%

Other QBs 5%

I would like to know what you (and others) think that it will cost us to obtain Mayfield?

Edited by Bill from NYC

29 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I think your odds are right because it is more likely they can get Mayfield. I have Rosen as the top target for us at QB, followed by Darnold and Mayfield.

Ah - I get what you meant now. Makes sense

• Like (+1) 1

If we move up to #2 and select Allen giving up 3 first rounders (1 next year).

Fans that will swear a boycott on the team and never follow through with it - 25%.

Fans that will be excited - 5%.

Fans that will rationalize the pick by trusting the process - 55%

Fans that will drink heavily out of sorrow and miss work on Friday with a hangover - 15%