Hue Jackson - "We're taking a QB at 1"

8 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I've definitely come around on him.  I think everything you look for physically is there, it's a once in a lifetime arm talent and personality wise he's a perfect fit for the team and city.

I'm sure I'm reading way too much into it, but I'm wondering if a trade to 5 or 6 is in play right now and that's why they are doing the due diligence on Baker.  Move to 5 / 6 knowing worst case Baker is secured, then work on moving to 2 with the Giants.  I think Allen is the prize they really want.

Now that we are coming around to Allen, it probably just means we won't be able to get to 2, and the Jets will take him at 3.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not an Allen fan but it’s pretty stupid to act like you know if qb will translate to the nfl.  But I think he has a great agent to build up his hype.  Personally, he’s a guy who looks like a star qb but the reality is he was slightly above average in the Mountain West Conference.  Throwing in shorts and a test shouldn’t change this IMO.

Go look at Bandit's analysis on Allen.  I think he has real potential to be very good, and I was not sold on him at the beginning.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I posted it for the benefit of anyone that suggests that they will either trade the pick or pick Barkley

Talk is cheap this time of year when it comes to NFL coaches and GM's.  All he is saying is it's going to cost the team that wants to trade up dearly.  Right nut, left nut, first born, second born, and down the line.  There is a certain logic to what he is saying I'll admit but that is far from the only possibility for the first overall pick.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Talk is cheap this time of year when it comes to NFL coaches and GM's.  All he is saying is it's going to cost the team that wants to trade up dearly.  Right nut, left nut, first born, second born, and down the line.  There is a certain logic to what he is saying I'll admit but that is far from the only possibility for the first overall pick.

I'm well aware of the dangers of believing everything coaches and GMs say around draft time, but it's pretty darn obvious that they're taking a QB at No. 1 overall.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm well aware of the dangers of believing everything coaches and GMs say around draft time, but it's pretty darn obvious that they're taking a QB at No. 1 overall.

I am not sure what it would do to the poor fans if they went back on that after passing and botching it the last few years.

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I am not sure what it would do to the poor fans if they went back on that after passing and botching it the last few years.

You can almost bet money that one of the unspoken provisions of Dorsey's hiring was "you will be taking a QB with that first pick"

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm sure I'm reading way too much into it, but I'm wondering if a trade to 5 or 6 is in play right now and that's why they are doing the due diligence on Baker.  Move to 5 / 6 knowing worst case Baker is secured, then work on moving to 2 with the Giants.  I think Allen is the prize they really want.

I thought this was the way up until the owners meeting where Beane talked about getting stuck when asked about making a move up like this.

The ammo we will have to give up would be like 12,53 & 65 with only about a 6% premium to get to close to the 40% the jets gave up that is 12, 22 & 53, which feels like that is too much and short changes us with NYG...

I see either of the Josh's as to who we want...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Go look at Bandit's analysis on Allen.  I think he has real potential to be very good, and I was not sold on him at the beginning.

I saw it.  Bandit did a great job but it was a one game sample.  Dude has all the tools and drafting quarterbacks is a huge crap shoot.  But it is really, really had to get past a low completion percentage in a below average college conference.  

Personally, I love a guy like that maybe late 1st.  But he is going to overdrafted.  And like guys like Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, etc. we will wonder why a quarterback with questionable accuracy when so high.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't think that either the Giants or Browns are closed off to trading, but even if they are, that means that--at worst, 3 QBs go in the top 4.  It also means that there's a fair chance that only 2 go in the top 4.

If, like me, you believe in all of the top 4 guys, then that leaves the door open to get one of them at 6

I doubt that the Bills like most other NFL teams have an equal grade on the top 4 (in the mind of us fans).  If one of their "guys" is not there at 6 I doubt they move up.  I would say that there is a very strong chance that their guy won't be there at 6 if two are gone by the time slot number 5 is on the clock

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I saw it.  Bandit did a great job but it was a one game sample.  Dude has all the tools and drafting quarterbacks is a huge crap shoot.  But it is really, really had to get past a low completion percentage in a below average college conference.  

Personally, I love a guy like that maybe late 1st.  But he is going to overdrafted.  And like guys like Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, etc. we will wonder why a quarterback with questionable accuracy when so high.

Well, it's a gamble, but he won't be there late first, so you either overdraft because you think he isn't another Boller, Gabbert, etc. or you pass on him.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I suspect that the actual conversation with the Giants is to aquire #2 for #4 and other picks.

Unless the Giants have a QB that they really covet I have believed that Cleveland will get Barkley and their QB with the first and second overall picks.

27 minutes ago, Sweats said:

You guys are going to be awfully disappointed when we don’t move from the #12 spot.

I just don’t the we’re going to make a play for a higher spot

I won't be disappointed either way.  If they move up it means they believe they found their guy if not then they get to use those picks on great prospects.