Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Broncos get 12 and 22, we get 5 and a 2019 2nd. Makes sense for both sides.

I'm more lenient than you are. I would give up 12 and 22 for the five spot without asking for a future pick. I would even be receptive to throwing in our lower third round pick. The history for even short move ups demonstrates that it is an expensive transaction. What we don't know is at the higher spot which qb would the McBeane tandem favor? If Allen or Mayfield were both on the board my guess is that the Bills would select Allen. While my preference would be for Mayfield I'm open to other options. The advantage I see in Mayfield is that he would be ready to play much sooner. 

I think Mason Rudolph has ample upside.  He's going to take time to develop having come out of the system he's played in, but he's smart, and I think he can learn.  The Broncos are in an ideal situation because they know Case Keenum can play.  If the Broncos draft Rudolph, he'll go in, and sit and learn for a couple years.  If the Broncos are right, they have their starter for the next decade or more.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

4 QB’s are not going top 10.

People are panicking as if they’re in line at midnight for the newest iPhone to come out.

Agreed.

I think Rosen, Jackson and Rudolph are all going later than expected. 

There are too many other elite players who can help teams win now. 

34 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I hope so man but the history of OBD says different. Very possible the baby is already delivered to a different team by the time OBD wakes up from the nap.

What history are you referring to? The history of this new regime is one year. That's not much history for you to infer from. 

If the Bills truly want Mayfield or Rosen and they are still available at 4, then you got to try to trade to 4 to get them.  I doubt that Denver would pass on either of them if they are available, I just don't see that happening.  The Bills can't take that chance.   Of course, there has to be a willing partner on the other side and you can't give up the farm but if there is a semi reasonable deal to be had and the Bills have a strong conviction for either of the two and they are there, then get the deal done!

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey there was a thread about Rudolph going before Rosen, could end up being

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Arizona(trade up)-Jackson

Miami-Rosen

Buffalo on the outside looking in again with nothing.

Honestly, you are paranoid on this matter.  And the Broncos aren't taking the reindeer at five, but I'd be fine with it if they did.

Smart of them to get this out there - even though all the teams are doing it.  They know they're in danger of not getting who they want - so maybe see if a team above them will reach.  The second is to see if a team below them will trade up with them.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Honestly, you are paranoid on this matter.  And the Broncos aren't taking the reindeer at five, but I'd be fine with it if they did.

After so many years of this team not going for it when it comes to QBs, yes I am 100% paranoid sitting at 12.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

After so many years of this team not going for it when it comes to QBs, yes I am 100% paranoid sitting at 12.

I dunno.  I think you need to drink some green tea or something.  Too long before the draft to be this angst-ridden.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I dunno.  I think you need to drink some green tea or something.  Too long before the draft to be this angst-ridden.

Yeah man with some vodka mixed in. Waiting on this draft is driving me crazy and with no moves by the Bills to move up yet it makes the wait even longer.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

Could say the same about Texas Tech but people are still drooling over Mahomes

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

From all I've read, he's got the arm talent, but played in an offense in college that didn't require him to go through a series of reads. Word is he locks on one target. We've seen that before, and it didn't end well. 

The same is absolutely the case for Mayfield but everyone seems to love him!The same is absolutely the case for Mayfield but everyone seems to love him!

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

The Bills should love him too.  Not sure why you guys don't like him.

I agree.

I am not a trained scout, but watching his game cut-ups, I think he is a quality prospect.  I would rather have Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield, but I'm not sure I would take Josh Allen over him.  Allen surely has more upside with his arm strength and better movement skills, but I think Rudolph has a pretty good chance to be a good NFL starting QB if he is given a good supporting cast.

I understand Rudolph's arm isn't as strong as some of the other prospects, but it still is adequate and he seems capable of "making all the throws".  I don't buy the knocks about not working under center, because that is mostly true of the other prospects as well and A LOT of NFL plays are run from the gun. 

For sure, the Big-12 defenses are not the best, but Mayfield played there as well and the PAC-10 isn't exactly known as a conference that plays a lot of D either.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They're not taking a QB.

They'll worry about replacing Ben when he actually retires. For now they're trying to win a Super Bowl and they need their 1st round pick contributing this year to increase their chances of doing that. 

Strictly second round consideration for them, and I think it wouldn't be out of the range of possibilities that the Steelers would move ahead of the Bills in the 2nd in order to do it. 

I would think pick 50 would be about right for Rudolph.

I must have read 500 posts about who the different teams love in the last few weeks.  "Really"  No one has a clue of what the teams really think; I am so tired of everyone's speculation AND how many mock drafts do we need?  I'm as excited as the rest of you but if you think you can guess what the teams are going to do your crazy.  I guess someone has to get the formula right because I have seen the QB's slotted to go a hundred different ways in the draft.  I know this if the Bills choose a corner at 12 the fans will burn the stadium down.  lol

26 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Are they already over Josh Dobbs?

They just love Allen. They think Ben is done after this year.

Funny random story, they are having a hard time breaking down EQ St. Brown because of how bad Wimbush is. Apparently it has been one of the most challenging scouting reports that they have had to put together.