Mark Schofield: One Drive with the 2018 Draft QBs

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2018-nfl-draft/2018/03/26/one-drive-with-the-2018-nfl-draft-quarterbacks/

I’ve long been fascinated by offensive drives. I would dedicate entire pieces to a single drive and I even wrote a book filled with nothing but drives. I was sitting in the barber’s chair the other morning (shoutout to my man John at Brookville Barber Shop) brainstorming ideas for a piece on this quarterback class when it hit me. Put together a drive using them.

So here is the basic scenario: My team is down five with under four minutes to go. Need a touchdown. All the quarterbacks in this draft class are at my disposal, and I’ve got a playbook much, much bigger than Mike Leach’s scrap of paper. How would I use these quarterbacks? What plays would I call and in what situations would I rely on them?

This exercise allows me to highlight some of the areas where these players excel, and some of the schemes that will fit best with what they do now, and how I project them to develop in the NFL.

Also, you’ll notice that a lot of these plays come from a Steve Spurrier playbook. Why? Because he’s the OBC, that’s why. Also, some of these play calls do not include the protection schemes. Apologies to my friends over at Offensive Line Twitter.

Without further ado, let’s get this drive started.

Another interesting write up from Schofield.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03/31/nfl-draft-building-the-perfect-qb-by-combining-top-prospects-assets/a41moe3/

Is there a perfect quarterback prospect in this year’s draft class? That’s unlikely, depending on who you ask. But what if you could step into Victor Frankenstein’s laboratory and construct such a prospect, building off of the players available in this year’s group? With all of the 2018 draft quarterbacks in front of me, I did my best to construct the perfect quarterback.