Rumor - Dez to be cut post draft

Virgil

Just now, NoSaint said:

Why post draft?

Maybe see what they can get in the draft first or use him as trade bait to move up in a round. I can’t think he’d fetch much. He’s hasn’t been the same player in a while. 

Just now, Virgil said:

Maybe see what they can get in the draft first or use him as trade bait to move up in a round. I can’t think he’d fetch much. He’s hasn’t been the same player in a while. 

Just seems a quality reporter would frame that better 

I don't know why you would cut Dez or the Cowboys would.  Unless he totally lost ALL his skills last year.  Sometimes players fall of the face of the earth in a short time.  But, I don't think Dez is in that category.

Just now, Manther said:

I don't know why you would cut Dez or the Cowboys would.  Unless he totally lost ALL his skills last year.  Sometimes players fall of the face of the earth in a short time.  But, I don't think Dez is in that category.

He's expensive, often injured, and underperforms for the money he's being paid.  Ripe for a release. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's expensive, often injured, and underperforms for the money he's being paid.  Ripe for a release. 

But, if they cut him they barely save any cap space and then have to pay someone money to fill that WR spot.  #1 or #2 WR isn't cheap.  IMO they are betting off keeping him one more year.