3-27: McDermott Speaks at the Annual Coaches' Breakfast

Just now, JaCrispy said:

This is exactly the kind of quote that you would expect from a defensive minded coach about a weak WR roster...ugh

He always talks that way, but privately there's no way he doesn't understand that the position sorely needs a talent infusion.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He always talks that way, but privately there's no way he doesn't understand that the position sorely needs a talent infusion.  

I hope you are right, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the case.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I hope you are right, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the case.

Beane certainly knows based on his presser yesterday.  They will address the position in the draft and/or later in free agency after June 1 cuts.

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Meanwhile, someone needs to take Coach shopping. 2 years of coaches photos and...

DZSuZJCXkAAlmQ6.jpeg

I hope he wears the same shirt for the next 20 years with 4 or 5 similar Superbowl winning team pictures.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Why exactly does it take the BB.com media department 50 hours to post a video? Is there anywhere that has at least the audio of these interview questions?

Capaccio said he took questions for over an hour.  They could easily still be in the process of editing. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

i like this one.  sounds like trade offers are being made and they were looking at the trade charts to figure it out so they must be interested.  McD says even as other presentations were going on they were focused on figuring out the trade value.  big news imo

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

i like this one.  sounds like trade offers are being made and they were looking at the trade charts to figure it out so they must be interested.  McD says even as other presentations were going on they were focused on figuring out the trade value.  big news imo

Interesting.  I"m having a gloomy day.  Maybe there's some hope here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

TTP.   They are working it while in Orlando.  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Meanwhile, someone needs to take Coach shopping. 2 years of coaches photos and...

Apply for the unpaid intern position to do that.

9 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

This is exactly the kind of quote that you would expect from a defensive minded coach about a weak WR roster...ugh

What is he supposed to say? "As a former DC my team would feast on that offense with those WRs and the coaches I hired last year (who I also fired).  Any team which could not shut them down should have their defense staff fired."?

7 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Why exactly does it take the BB.com media department 50 hours to post a video? Is there anywhere that has at least the audio of these interview questions?

BB.com media depart is based in Chicago so it takes longer to get material than you think.  They have posted wrong game scores before.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And he surprisingly has not been the best decision make on the field. I thin two of his pick were from what you mention, but he needs to play smarter.  

Hard to to do with no poise under pressure.

@26CornerBlitz

Thank you for these threads. Especially over the last couple days. I'm not sure why some people dislike them as they are essentially a news feed rather than sifting through 20 pg posts looking for actual news every few pages. It is essentially what the front home page used to be.. all relevant content in one place. I'm sure it isn't easy and takes time. Thank you, and it's much appreciated!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

@26CornerBlitz

Thank you for these threads. Especially over the last couple days. I'm not sure why some people dislike them as they are essentially a news feed rather than sifting through 20 pg posts looking for actual news every few pages. It is essentially what the front home page used to be.. all relevant content in one place. I'm sure it isn't easy and takes time. Thank you, and it's much appreciated!!

Thank you for the acknowledgement and Go Bills! :beer:

• Like (+1) 2