Report: The Colts Turned Down Two Trade Offers for Brissett

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, and they got caught in a game of musical chairs without a chair. They certainly had no plan for Jimmy G. It looks like a home run for the 49ers. 

Brissett to me is is the new AJ McCarron. A young QB that looks like a really good backup and a potential starter. Those guys have a lot of value as you can see by the trade offers on both. Competent, young, inexpensive QBs have a lot of value in today’s NFL.

I think Brissett struggles with tight window throws myself.  I think he is a backup level guy with a really good arm but not the accuracy or touch to be a consistent starter.  That has some value, no doubt, and it is certainly more valuable than Philip freaking Dorsett...... but I don't know that I see the upside with him that others do.  I hope that AJ is better than that.  He isn't particularly a guy I've seen a lot of to be honest.  I'm not quite as blind on McCarron as I was on Tyrod when he first got here but it's pretty close. 

Brissett is not that good. He had no use on the patriots roster. When edleman went down they needed a wide reciever. And dorsett made a play that helped win the championship game. What was new england gonna do with dorsett. They where not keeping 3 guys on the active roster. They utilized him during bradys suspension. 

4 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Brissett played decent in a few games with a swiss cheese o line and trash roster.  They should keep him.

Whenever I saw Brissett play he struck me as a "good between the 20s" QB.  He could move the football, but once they got close he petered out and they either kicked FGs or worse.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Whenever I saw Brissett play he struck me as a "good between the 20s" QB.  He could move the football, but once they got close he petered out and they either kicked FGs or worse.

Absolutely correct. Struggled as windows got tighter. 

8 hours ago, HT02 said:

If Luck is injured Brisset can help ensure the Colts get another high draft pick next year.  I wouldn't take him for free

If they want to ensure a high draft pick trade P5t5rman for him!