Report: The Colts Turned Down Two Trade Offers for Brissett

Just now, buffalover4life said:

The patriots sold low on him. Dorsett has been a complete failure.

Jacoby has not had much to work with but has shown flashes. Wonder what the Colts are turning down 

I have a feeling that the Cardinals made an offer. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have a feeling that the Cardinals made an offer. 

Maybe we turned here after we lost out on Foles and Ballard didn't like our low ball offer for Brissett; this forced him to send #3 to the jets in spite...

1 hour ago, jr1 said:

they should keep him

I think unless the Colts get a.....

1st 

or

2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th (or something like that)

..........they should keep Brissett..

And, the Colts are NOT getting a 1st for Brissett..

And, I agree with "buffalover4life", above in the thread, that the Pats * sold low on Brissett.  He is a competent back up and has upside to develop into a starter.   He has potential.

Another thought and point as I am typing...........just crossed my mind now.......because the Pats* sold low I strongly BILLIEVE that the Pats* had not intention (when they traded Brissett) of trading Jimmy G OR they had NO faith in Brissett.  But, I lean towards they were not going to trade Jimmy G and ran an audible as the season went on.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Colts are dumb, QBs are valuable commodities that reap more rewards than they are worth.

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Maybe we turned here after we lost out on Foles and Ballard didn't like our low ball offer for Brissett; this forced him to send #3 to the jets in spite...

Um, No.

Dolphins may have won of the teams looking for a quality backup with the injury prone Tannehill.  They maybe were forced to settle for Osweiller.  It would be great if it was the Broncos or Giants inquiring about Brissett.

Next time someone wants to talk about how perfect the Pats ate point to this stupid trade. They dealt Brissett for Dorsett who might not make the team this year. They preceded to lose Jimmy G and instead of having a young #2 with potential to be a starter they have Phillip Dorsett.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Next time someone wants to talk about how perfect the Pats ate point to this stupid trade. They dealt Brissett for Dorsett who might not make the team this year. They preceded to lose Jimmy G and instead of having a young #2 with potential to be a starter they have Phillip Dorsett.

Do you follow sports news?

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Pats aren’t perfect but it’s reaching to knock them for their qb stuff. They have Tom freaking Brady.  I like JB but let’s not go over board.  He doesn’t average 200 yards a game (I know you like qbs like that though :) ) and threw for 13 tds in 15 games.  They traded their 3rd string qb for a former 1st rounder to try and help the greatest qb ever in a year they went to the SB.

and I know Jimmy G is the greatest qb ever now but they traded him after 4 games for possibly the 1st pick of the 2nd. Were they supposed to pay 2qbs $20 million?

the Pats make a ton of mistakes but kinda hard to fault them for any of them because they have Brady and everyone overrates their backups.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Because for the first time in a generation the Pats ran themselves like the Bills last year..... with a lack of clear accountability for decision making.  I think at the point that Bill traded Brissett his plan was to franchise tag Jimmy G and hand him the keys this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because for the first time in a generation the Pats ran themselves like the Bills last year..... with a lack of clear accountability for decision making.  I think at the point that Bill traded Brissett his plan was to franchise tag Jimmy G and hand him the keys this year.  

Yep, and they got caught in a game of musical chairs without a chair. They certainly had no plan for Jimmy G. It looks like a home run for the 49ers. 

Brissett to me is is the new AJ McCarron. A young QB that looks like a really good backup and a potential starter. Those guys have a lot of value as you can see by the trade offers on both. Competent, young, inexpensive QBs have a lot of value in today’s NFL.