Per Beane, no discipline from team for Zay Jones

I caught the interview on FB live. It was long and he talked about a lot more than this. But regarding Zay, he said that he, McD and Zay had a conversation and it will remain private. He says the plan is for him to remain a Bill. They are working to get him back in town.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I think there needs to be a counseling session at OBD on the inportance of Not getting Arrested Naked 

One advantage of getting arrested when naked is that no one can claim that you are a threat because you might have a weapon on you. On the serious side I hope Zay is doing fine and whatever issue he had associated with that eruption is resolved or is being properly dealt with. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I caught the interview on FB live. It was long and he talked about a lot more than this. But regarding Zay, he said that he, McD and Zay had a conversation and it will remain private. He says the plan is for him to remain a Bill. They are working to get him back in town.

The dreaded vote of confidence? Doubtful, but you never know.

I loved his responses about the draft.

Edited by Cripple Creek

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

We'll see if the Beane counter is a man of his word...we all remember the Marcel soap opera and how that ended up.

Repeat offender on a giant contract but I agree, the “plan” can always change. I’m sure a lot depends on how he responds to this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ir's fair for the team not too discipline Jones. 

What more concerning is QB complaints aside. The kid seemed to forget how to catch a football

in the NFL. He needs to dedicate and keep his head in football.mSometing he has played since probably Pop Warner.

Otherwise he won't even be a footnote in Bills history. Very big year for him. 

2 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Ir's fair for the team not too discipline Jones. 

What more concerning is QB complaints aside. The kid seemed to forget how to catch a football

in the NFL. He needs to dedicate and keep his head in football.mSometing he has played since probably Pop Warner.

Otherwise he won't even be a footnote in Bills history. Very big year for him. 

There are several unknowns. He did have some good moments,too. But in general rookie WRs have a learning curve. He wasn’t working with a good passer OR a good OC. He MAY have had some stuff going on mentally. Fingers crossed for the kid. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Sure would be nice if Zay could reward the bills faith in him by actually living up to his potential as a player on the field

Finished with the second highest percentage of uncatchable passes. Unless he is the throw the ball to him self, his struggles will continue.

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

One advantage of getting arrested when naked is that no one can claim that you are a threat because you might have a weapon on you. On the serious side I hope Zay is doing fine and whatever issue he had associated with that eruption is resolved or is being properly dealt with. 

When I'm naked anyone can see I have a weapon on me.

Regarding Zay I hope he can turn things around. Sounds like about 180 degrees is what is called for. I still think he can be a good receiver. JuJu was the guy I wanted tho. Have to admit I did'nt know Zay at all.

18 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

When I'm naked anyone can see I have a weapon on me.

Regarding Zay I hope he can turn things around. Sounds like about 180 degrees is what is called for. I still think he can be a good receiver. JuJu was the guy I wanted tho. Have to admit I did'nt know Zay at all.

Whether you are carrying a short barrel or a long barrel I don't want to know. TMI!:ph34r:

Everything I heard about Zay last year is that he is a good kid with a high work ethic. He really struggled. How much his injury affected him I can't say.  He was such a productive player in college it is difficult to believe that last year represented what he is capable of. I'm hoping that he has a dramatic turn around. I'm really pulling for him. I'm also hoping that Benjamin can get his knee cleaned up and be a good player for us. As it stands the Bills not only don't have a #1 receiver it also doesn't have a receiver fast enough to push the dbs back. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

IIRC Shredd and Ragan used to refer to Cornelius Bennett as “the weapon of mass destruction” based on the description they got from a locker room reporter...

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hopefully part of the conversation included not hanging out with Johnny Manziel anymore.  Ever.

Don't know if he was there or not, I know they are friends, I know Manziel was in San Diego shortly thereafter, and Johnny felt the need to open his mouth to vouch for Zay (as though that helped, at all).

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Finished with the second highest percentage of uncatchable passes. Unless he is the throw the ball to him self, his struggles will continue.

When balls that hit you in the hands are essentially uncatchable then yeah your uncatchable pass percentage will be pretty near 100%.  How many passes in a season can forcibly wedge themselves into your facemask or crotch?