DP Browns want to trade with Giants - Dorsey Confirmed speaking to Gettleman & said Jets didn't offer enough for 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I've been saying for weeks that Allen will absolutely be in the conversation at 1 overall.

You don't trade the 65th pick if you're planning to draft a guy that's ready to start day 1, so that means it's either Darnold or Allen.

Are you doing a write up this year of the qbs?  I'm interested to see your thoughts on a lot of these guys.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed, but if their guy is Allen, and they know NYG want Darnold, then they should take the extra picks if they can get them

ILB is the deepest position in the draft aside from DT

I'm reaching as to why it would be beneficial for them to trade with us - don't take that away from me...:bag:

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

While this is all speculation, let's think about this.  IF I am Dorsey, why would I trade the pick to the Bills when I'm going to get my future signal caller AND the best player in the draft at 4 in Barkley?  I wouldn't make the trade.  I'd make my football team something to be reckoned with.

I agree with you. And I don’t think Cleveland trades out of that 4 spot

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I've been saying for weeks that Allen will absolutely be in the conversation at 1 overall.

You don't trade the 65th pick if you're planning to draft a guy that's ready to start day 1, so that means it's either Darnold or Allen.

Why not? You traded a third rounder in order to give your rookie time to develop while you sure up the line and other elements of the roster.

Pick 65 is not a kings ransom to give your self a little breathing room for whomever you draft to sit.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Dorsey is team Hand Size, which was an institution in GB with Favre and Rodgers. Allen is the one most often compared to Mahomes in terms of project/ceiling, who Dorsey drafted high and redshirted as he plan to do with Allen. As soon as he traded a valuable asset for Tyrod I know it wasn’t Rosen. Tiny Mayfield and baby hands Darnold don’t fit the AFC north prototype but Allen does. 

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Because they would have a shot at MLB at 12, it's a deep RB draft can take one at 22, or in rd 2, etc...it could be a very madden-esque first round for them...lots of team talent once they have a QB ...

None of those HB's are Barkley and they have two MLB's on the roster right now that they like.  I just think the value would be tremendous for them.  You take Allen at 2 and Barkley at 4.  You're not going to beat that.  IF you want you can package other picks that you have and move around, even back into the first.  They still have enough ammo to do that.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

As good as Barkley is, there is no reason to believe Guice or Michel or Chubb or any other of these backs couldn't be as good if not better.

Abstractly they are not and production wise they haven't shown it.  As of what we know, no commentator, scout, scouting service or coaches believes that it is even close.  I get it, as Bills fans we want the pick.  We are desperate for it.  But just because we want it and are desperate for it doesn't mean a GM thinks its a good deal for himself and his team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As far as Barkley goes, I would be pretty stunned in the Browns take him at 4. They really need a LT. They should take the best one. I can’t see Dorsey rolling with Shon Coleman/Spencer Drago with how he’s priortized that position in the past. He was all in on trying to get Nate Solder. He’s taking one high. Very much doubt he would ever take a RB that high.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

We would probably have to give up 4 1st round picks to move up to number 1. If I'm the GM I take the assets, no RB is that valuable. 

And if we give up 4 1st round picks we've been played.  I get that we need a QB and we need to do something to get one, but giving up 4 1st round picks IS NOT something we need to do lol.  Beane wants to be around for awhile.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Abstractly they are not and production wise they haven't shown it.  As of what we know, no commentator, scout, scouting service or coaches believes that it is even close.  I get it, as Bills fans we want the pick.  We are desperate for it.  But just because we want it and are desperate for it doesn't mean a GM thinks its a good deal for himself and his team.

Actually at least one team reportedly has Guice ranked higher than Barkley. He’s more of a Reggie Bush type as a multi-positional threat than a workhorse back where he didn’t come up big as a runner in big time situations.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

As far as Barkley goes, I would be pretty stunned in the Browns take him at 4. They really need a LT. They should take the best one. I can’t see Dorsey rolling with Shon Coleman/Spencer Drago with how he’s priortized that position in the past. He was all in on trying to get Nate Solder. He’s taking one high. Very much doubt he would ever take a RB that high.

Could probably get his pick of the OT's this year at pick #12 ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEraBills said:

Abstractly? Nothing abstract about top five backs not necessarily bringing a team to the next level.

Fournette or Kamara? Fournette or Hunt?

What about the Cowboys, would they be better off with Ramsey and Jordan Howard in the 5th?

I just don't think it's a good move taking a RB in the top five in today's NFL, this isn't altering the landscape to fit my narrative, it's been my stance that you really can't justify in today's NFL taking a back in the top five.

This class makes that even more firm a stance when you look at the talent at the position. This class is loaded.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
Josh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris 3m3 minutes ago
This morning on the @dpshow, Dan Patrick cites a scouting source saying the Browns are using their "love" of Sam Darnold as bait, hoping the Giants trade up to No. 1... adding the Browns prefer Josh Allen.

image.thumb.png.6eb9c493cb8791e89b3da498104200dd.png

I really really hope this is true.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Again, I can see it for a couple of reasons.

1)  Even if you take Barkley at 4, you still have ammo to move around the board, even back into the latter half of the 1st to take a player like McGlinchy from ND.

2)  The Best way for their offense to be competitive right now is to be able to run the football A LOT.  With Barkley and Hyde you have a 1/2 punch to keep defenses off balance.

9 minutes ago, section122 said:

Are you doing a write up this year of the qbs?  I'm interested to see your thoughts on a lot of these guys.

I have some stuff put together, so I could potentially do something official.  I have more or less been giving my opinions piece-wise this year.  In general, I have the top 4 ranked Rosen-Mayfield-Darnold-Allen, and I have no problem with any of them.  I have Lamar as a first rounder, and Rudolph as a day 2 guy.

If I end up having time, I'll tag some video with my notes and post it up here.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dorsey is team Hand Size, which was an institution in GB with Favre and Rodgers. Allen is the one most often compared to Mahomes in terms of project/ceiling, who Dorsey drafted high and redshirted as he plan to do with Allen. As soon as he traded a valuable asset for Tyrod I know it wasn’t Rosen. Tiny Mayfield and baby hands Darnold don’t fit the AFC north prototype but Allen does. 

Indeed.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Barkley played in 38 cfb games and in 23 of them he failed to get to 100 yards rushing. That’s 61% of his games. Don’t tell me the box was stacked - their passing game was decent enough that defenses couldn’t fully commit to him. He had his chances.  His WR skills and KR skills are highly advanced for his age. He is a better blocker than a lot of backs coming out of school. But he’s not shown that he’s a guy you can hand the ball to in crunch time and he will find a way win the game for you (Zeke). He’s not that kind of RB but he’s more of an “offensive weapon.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

It is way early, but I am not sure I like the way things are shaping up at the top of the draft.  If the Browns really do take Allen and the Giants take Darnold, then that leaves Mayfield and Rosen to the Jets/Broncos.  I have no doubt the Broncos would take Rosen at 5 (if there) and I think the Browns would be happy if Barkley was there for them at 4.  I don't think the Browns would trade down if this is how it plays out.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I just don't think it's a good move taking a RB in the top five in today's NFL, this isn't altering the landscape to fit my narrative, it's been my stance that you really can't justify in today's NFL taking a back in the top five.

RB's last, what 5 to 7 years and then they are done. I honestly don't see a reason to take a RB earlier than the 2nd round any year.