Lauletta or Rudolph? Who is the better prospect?

PIZ

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did you watch Tim Murray GM?

The point is that nobody is right all of the time.  Would you agree?

Coming back with an analogy that has nothing to do with either prospect.and asking a question as if it's relevant. :lol: Have you watched either play to even comment on them with any credibility?  If not then have a good morning. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Coming back with an analogy that has nothing to do with either prospect.and asking a question as if it's relevant. :lol: Have you watched either play to even comment on them with any credibility?  If not then have a good morning. 

It was not a comment on the QBs.  It was a comment about statements of fact.  Given your stance on Tim Murray, you are clearly susceptible to error in judgement. Would you agree?

NFL history is replete with guys being misjudged by professional scouts.  My judgement of players is not relevant, nor IMO is yours.  Beane's is relevant.

I realize you want to trade up and feel this is ultra critical.  I understand why.  But you, and others in that camp, haven't even attempted to explain why picking a QB would be less ultra critical to NYG or Denver.  It is living in a dream world.  NYG are picking a QB if they think one is the goods.  Period end of story and it has nothing to do with the Bills.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

It was not a comment on the QBs.  It was a comment about statements of fact.  Given your stance on Tim Murray, you are clearly susceptible to error in judgement. Would you agree?

NFL history is replete with guys being misjudged by professional scouts.  My judgement of players is not relevant, nor IMO is yours.  Beane's is relevant.

I realize you want to trade up and feel this is ultra critical.  I understand why.  But you, and others in that camp, haven't even attempted to explain why picking a QB would be less ultra critical to NYG or Denver.  It is living in a dream world.  NYG are picking a QB if they think one is the goods.  Period end of story and it has nothing to do with the Bills.

I gave my opinion that you ridiculously infer as fact which makes no sense with neither playing a down in the NFL.  I made an assessment of both players based on watching them and that's what is done on a football forum.  In the end I'll either be right or wrong and it's immaterial whether Beane agrees or not.  

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I gave my opinion that you ridiculously infer as fact which makes no sense with neither playing a down in the NFL.  I made an assessment of both players based on watching them and that's what is done on a football forum.  In the end I'll either be right or wrong and it's immaterial whether Beane agrees or not.  

I inferred nothing.  You stated it as fact.

"Both are utterly unimpressive" is far different than something like "both have left me unimpressed".  Your post implied that you are some sort of expert.  I drew a comparison to how you felt about mega failure Tim Murray in an attempt to remind you that you could be wrong.

I agree that there could/will be instances where you are right and Beane is wrong.  I'm just saying I'd trust his judgement more over time.  

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I inferred nothing.  You stated it as fact.

"Both are utterly unimpressive" is far different than something like "both have left me unimpressed".  Your post implied that you are some sort of expert.  I drew a comparison to how you felt about mega failure Tim Murray in an attempt to remind you that you could be wrong.

I agree that there could/will be instances where you are right and Beane is wrong.  I'm just saying I'd trust his judgement more over time.  

Semantics. Have a good morning. 

5 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

Wilson, Ben, Brady, Watson, Cousins, Brees, Garrapolo, Carr, Rodgers, Prescott, and to a lesser extent Foles, Keenum, Flacco, and Dalton.  All QBs taken outside the top 10, most outside of round 1.  Granted for every success story, there are 20 busts/flops, but still more than enough starting calibre and elite QBs are drafted all over the place.  Give up the farm and hope you land a Wentz, but with this draft class, you are just as likely to end up with an RG3 instead.  

I rather they follow the BPA formula for round 1, especially at pick 12 with so many holes on this team.  

pick 22, BPA again, possibly Jackson here.

2nd/3rd Rd Lauletta.

everybody seems to be puttinf garrapolo in a class with the elites?   the guy had one great game against Jax, who had an overrated defense as we saw in Pittsburgh (gave up over 40 pts in that game too). 

I watched the Bears game Jimmy should have been benched.  Niners win less than 6 games this year, wait and see..... 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

To you.  And maybe to others as well.  How about you let them decide?

I believe that's what going to happen given the fact that they'll be making the decisions without referring to TSW. :lol:  You like these rabbit hole discussions. 

2 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

everybody seems to be puttinf garrapolo in a class with the elites?   the guy had one great game against Jax, who had an overrated defense as we saw in Pittsburgh (gave up over 40 pts in that game too). 

I watched the Bears game Jimmy should have been benched.  Niners win less than 6 games this year, wait and see..... 

Nobody is saying garrapolo is elite...

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

In a perfect world, I wouldn't be banking on either player to be my franchise guy.

Rudolph graded out as the better QB for me but he only came out as a 3rd rounder, Lauletta around the 5th.

This. Neither of these guys move the needle and neither become your "franchise" quarterback. Could they be eventually? Sure. I don't think that is what Brandon Beane or ownership, or anyone else is looking for. 

Go get Darnold, Rosen, or if you can't then Allen. 

51 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This. Neither of these guys move the needle and neither become your "franchise" quarterback. Could they be eventually? Sure. I don't think that is what Brandon Beane or ownership, or anyone else is looking for. 

Go get Darnold, Rosen, or if you can't then Allen. 

Why would the Browns or Giants trade out if getting a QB is paramount? 

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why would the Browns or Giants trade out if getting a QB is paramount? 

Because Giants already have one. They could plug holes on their team and be in the Super Bowl next year. Drafting a quarterback is punting on Eli Mannings career. They could get the Bills pick next year, that is looking like it might be pretty high. 

But my biggest point is don't just take a guy to take a guy. Get the franchise changing player, otherwise it is a wasted draft pick. Gotta move the needle and neither of these guys do. They aren't better than what we already have.

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Because Giants already have one. They could plug holes on their team and be in the Super Bowl next year. Drafting a quarterback is punting on Eli Mannings career. They could get the Bills pick next year, that is looking like it might be pretty high. 

But my biggest point is don't just take a guy to take a guy. Get the franchise changing player, otherwise it is a wasted draft pick. Gotta move the needle and neither of these guys do. They aren't better than what we already have.

I understand your second point.

With respect to Manning.....Shirley you can't be serious.  He is 37.  They're taking a QB.