Open Photography Thread

I know we have had threads started like this before, I think it was Poojer that was into it.  I figured I would fire another thread up. If it goes nowhere it goes nowwhere.  

Back in the film days, I was into the Pentax line w/my old Super Program SLR... Lens, etc... That still works and fired it up for first time in years.  It reignited the "bug" along with the bald eagles at work last month.

Well... FF through the digital era, prices and tech finally shake out... Kids older, more discretionary $$$ AND Pentax finally realeased the full frame K-1 in 2016.  I can use all my old film lens now on the new DSLR.  Their K-1 Mark II comes out @ end of April too.

Any camera buffs out there... "Pentaxians" even better!  Again, open thread, post what you want... Just keep it clean.  Would be nice to get some interesting macro shots and have posters try to guess what it is... :lol:I am still working on trying to secure a nice ring flash and extension tubes.

Shoot away... Messing around with the RAW images of the bald eagle pix shot last month... Borrowed a co-workers Canon 6OD before I jumped headlong into the new K-1:

IMG956304.thumb.jpg.28b1edf9ed6d9f8978e25f6c4ed94690.jpg

500mm w/1.4x teleconverter...

[Does have to be compressed under 200kb for this site]

• Like (+1) 2

Various stages of the Lunar Eclipse in 2003.

Sony Cyber-shot 3.2 MP, with tripod.

eclipse.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A double rainbow over the college's science and math building. (Sometimes you leave work at just the right moment.)

Taken with a cheap Samsung phone camera.

DoubleRainbow.jpg

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Various stages of the Lunar Eclipse in 2003.

Sony Cyber-shot 3.2 MP, with tripod.

eclipse.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A double rainbow over the college's science and math building. (Sometimes you leave work at just the right moment.)

Taken with a cheap Samsung phone camera.

DoubleRainbow.jpg

All I ever shoot now is w/ my cell phone camera...come up w/ great pix (my opinion). Don't really have any saved here on my work computer...but my old Samsung S8 was a fun phone to shoot with..just upgraded to so S9, haven't really had an opportunity to use it yet. 

27867040_10213421354580692_8987538769602910490_n.jpg

Edited by 707BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

These file size restrictions are a pain in the...

Yeah, I don’t know how to re-size or I have several more nice ones. A bald eagle and an oyster catcher from the same nature/photo cruise are my favorites. 

We went back to Hilton Head Island where we used to live and an old friend insisted we stay with them. Our former vet now runs a nature cruise photo tour. Our hosts surprised us with this treat. I didn’t know this was going to happen or I would have taken my Canon (fairly new at the time and I was enjoying playing with it.)  He lent me one of his, and it was 3-4 hours of amazing fun. 

9C1DBE72-356D-4A20-8E7D-680701F5BA5B.jpeg

DCF1356D-11F1-48D0-B900-9FD3BDF0495B.jpeg

OK, maybe not THAT one. 

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

05brook-upton1.jpg

Did you take that yourself on your private runway? Wow, I AM impressed! 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

05brook-upton1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did you take that yourself on your private runway? Wow, I AM impressed! 

My first impression was this thread was for pictures taken by the poster

If this thread is open to pictures taken by others and sent to TSW members, I suggest marking this thread NSFW before boyst or I  add contributions.

Even then, there may be a need to tag NSFW :devil:

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

My first impression was this thread was for pictures taken by the poster

If this thread is open to pictures taken by others and sent to TSW members, I suggest marking this thread NSFW before boyst or I  add contributions.

Even then, there may be a need to tag NSFW :devil:

Well, I don’t think that was the intent, but it might not be all bad.....   :)

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

but that takes the fun out of it

I just had a thought that might have had me banished for a healthy while.

I’ll go back to wishing I could get my nature photos down to size so I could post. 

5 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

All I ever shoot now is w/ my cell phone camera...come up w/ great pix (my opinion). Don't really have any saved here on my work computer...but my old Samsung S8 was a fun phone to shoot with..just upgraded to so S9, haven't really had an opportunity to use it yet. 

27867040_10213421354580692_8987538769602910490_n.jpg

I’ve gotten to where I find it hard to justify carrying around the camera gear. I love playing with the big camera, but who wants to drag around a slide rule the size of a microwave? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Yeah, I don’t know how to re-size or I have several more nice ones. A bald eagle and an oyster catcher from the same nature/photo cruise are my favorites. 

Either compress or link it to a site where you store it.  I surely don't want to chew up SDS bandwith.  I gotta work on gettingba place where I can store my ****! Maybe Flickr?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Either compress or link it to a site where you store it.  I surely don't want to chew up SDS bandwith.  I gotta work on gettingba place where I can store my ****! Maybe Flickr?

I’m almost competent with english, and I had 6 years of french. That was a language I am not familiar with. Mrs Augie is sleeping. Maybe I’ll annoy her with that tomorrow. A bald eagle in person is a magnificent sight! The oyster catcher is just one of God’s masterpieces. I have no pic, but have you ever seen a painted bunting? Wow.... we used to get them in our backyard. 

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, I don’t think that was the intent, but it might not be all bad.....   :)

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m almost competent with english, and I had 6 years of french. That was a language I am not familiar with. Mrs Augie is sleeping. Maybe I’ll annoy her with that tomorrow. A bald eagle in person is a magnificent sight! The oyster catcher is just one of God’s masterpieces. I have no pic, but have you ever seen a painted bunting? Wow.... we used to get them in our backyard. 

This is one from February... South Chicago (work Calumet River)... Literally next door to old SuperFund sites.  Silent Spring is long gone.  Somewhere Rachel Carson is smiling:

700mm, f18.0, 1/1000, ISO 500

IMG_7333.jpg