Anyone know how to retrieve a USPS tracking number if you've lost your receipt?

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Call the USPS and tell them you're trying to track an important package that must be delivered in Austin by 3pm tomorrow, no later, and that it's fragile and..."hey, uh, never mind."

They'll find it for you.

HA!

right?

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Any help appreciated.

If you sign up for Informed Delivery, anything sent to or from your house will give you status updates. It's free, you just have to make an account. I'm not sure if it will pick up packages that are already moving through the system prior to your signing up, but it's worth a shot.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com

Edited by Fetou

18 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I told you it would be there in a week. WTF man.

Shoulda been there to sign for it.

Why do I keep you around at this business??

because you are my Dad!!!

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

I filled out a lost mail form <_<

That broad in San Diego got that finger she convinced you to chop off and mail.  She is just telling you it didn't arrive.  DO NOT follow her next mutilation instruction.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Call USPS and give them your address information. Both Sender and Reciever. 

If you're lucky and get someone who isn't your typical government employee, they should be able to help you.

It's not the government employee that's the problem.  It's that they're using a government IT system that actively tries to prevent them from doing their job because it was designed by a committee of government managers who have no clue and written by a government IT contractor who hates people.

• Like (+1) 1

before going to the dreaded warehouse for a courier, they tell me explicitly many times to bring ID and the package number

and when i get there i see 100 people yelling and screaming because they didn't bring ID and the package number,  and then I give over my ID and package number and am out of there in 6 minutes