Idiot Mock Draft Award

TigerJ

Wherever I'm posting at this time of year, I may be incline to bring to the attention of other Bills fans a mock draft that shows particular ignorance of the Bills perspective in is choices.  There haven't been many, but I think I found one that qualifies.  The website is https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2018/ 

They specialize in mocking the full seven rounds.  Buffalo is projected to take at #12 (drum roll) Derwin James, safety out of Florida State.  I suppose you could resort to the BPA argument here, but safety?  The Bills had one of the top safety tandems in the league last season and just signed some experienced depth in Raphael Bush.  The four top QBs are gone in this mock, so I can't very well blame him for not taking a QB.  Da'Ron Payne is still on the board in this mock (and actually goes at #13 to Washington.  I think he would be a solid pick in view of 2018 likely being Kyle Williams' last season.  That would be a good and deep interior for the D-line and McDermott likes to play his DTs in waves.  Courtland Sutton, one of the top receivers is still on the board, as is Vita Vea.  Maybe the best pick of all here under the circumstances would be Tremaine Edmunds, who doesn't go off the board in this mock until #18

With the #22 pick, this mock has Buffalo taking Mike McGlinchey at tackle.  That can be argued as an upgrade to Jordan Mills.  My own preference would be for the Bills to take Lamar Jackson, who is still on the board.  Nowhere in the entire draft does this mock drafter project a QB to the Bills.  He does have them take two DTs and an additional offensive tackle a center, WR, and CB.  The safety at #12 is what really stick in my craw though.  Interestingly, this mock also has the Jets picking Bradley Chubb at #3 and the Colts picking a QB at #6.  Really? I think that's kind of crazy.   If the top five picks of the draft actually fell this way, as unlikely as it seems, maybe Buffalo could trade for the #6 pick with the Colts and get Josh Allen, the QB this mock drafter has going to the Colts.

In any case, it is one of the stranger mock drafts I've seen this year.

Edited by TigerJ

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought this was going to be about my mock. Whew.

Naw.  I'm OK with most mocks as they just represent different opinions.  It's just a very few that really seem off the wall.  I can't see any justification for someone doing a 7 round mock draft and not having the Bills go for a QB this year of all years.

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think it's just the lack of Bills perspective...

They have the Jets taking Chubbs at 3 lol. 

Yeah, haha. They traded up to 3 for something other than a QB, I'm sure.

Maybe I’m crazy, but if they don’t select a qb at 12, I’d absolutley love to have James.  He can play the slot, cover any postion and can tackle in the box.  I believe he could play nickel Lb.  McD would love to have a guy like him.  Versatility