Bill's Updated Cap 03-15-18

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t look but am assuming that Kyle and Murphy are roughly $10M of cap space and Thomas and odighizuwa $1M each. It’s a total guess on my part but don’t think that it is way off.

I created a 2018 cap thread and all of this is covered.     Feel free to use it or not.   

I've done my best to keep it current as I possibly can.   There are 3 or 4 other threads making an attempt to discuss the cap and most are full or erroneous data.   

If my referencing the thread I started a month ago makes me douchey well then it is what it is.   (yes, I was called that)   

I was/am trying to provide the TSW'ers relevant data. 

30 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well according to Beane in his PC this morning, they have enough for the rookies and an injury cushion and not much else............

Exactly what I calculated in the Buffalo Bills 2018 Salary Cap thread.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

With only 65 under contract and expectation of some of the picks being needed to get up higher in the draft. I expect alot of Vet Min contracts and UDFAs this year. Need 25 more players to get to 90 before camp. 

14 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Here’s my question if anyone knows. Of the money they have left, I believe 10-11 of it was “rolled over” from extra cap space in 2017. Let’s say the Bills spend to the point where at the end of the season they have the same amount in cap space, basically what’s left is what was rolled over from 2017 into 2018.

so here’s my question, can that unspent cap space be rolled over again into 2019? Or can it only be “rolled” once? 

Sorry if in explaining this oddly... 

Annual roll-over.  If you're 30 mil under the cap in 2018 then ur cap bumps up 30 mil in 2019.  Your 2018 cap number has non bearing on your cap space in 2020 though.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

With only 65 under contract and expectation of some of the picks being needed to get up higher in the draft. I expect alot of Vet Min contracts and UDFAs this year. Need 25 more players to get to 90 before camp. 

Yeah i think we only have like 3 corners on the roster.  

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well according to Beane in his PC this morning, they have enough for the rookies and an injury cushion and not much else............

only the top 51 count against the salary cap.  UDFA's probably don't even count towards the cap.  A lot of the borderline roster players have no bearing on salary cap if cut as well.