Shaquille O"Neal named most obese player in NBA

Justice

"First person who says that to my face, I'll punch you" :blink:

271172[/snapback]

When I first started seeing my doctor in '96, I was 6-6 and about 279lbs. After a few visits, I was down to 267 and he was saying I was obese. Crazy! Presently, I weight 339lbs and I know I don't want to stay there. I hope to get down to around 255-265. Of course, I'll still be 'obese' according to some charts.

Here's a decent article I found that talks about ideal body weight.

When I first started seeing my doctor in '96, I was 6-6 and about 279lbs.  After a few visits, I was down to 267 and he was saying I was obese.  Crazy!  Presently, I weight 339lbs and I know I don't want to stay there.  I hope to get down to around 255-265.  Of course, I'll still be 'obese' according to some charts.

271200[/snapback]

Did you punch him in the face...? :blink:

CW

Shaq dropped well over 150 pounds of useless weight when he shed Kobe.

271203[/snapback]

Their loss is my gain. It's been a pleasure to watch Shaq Diesel. i hate to admit it but I do like a team from Miami. Dwayne Wade is the man, too. Buffalo's own Christian Leattner is playing some good ball also.

Their loss is my gain. It's been a pleasure to watch Shaq Diesel. i hate to admit it but I do like a team from Miami. Dwayne Wade is the man, too. Buffalo's own Christian Leattner is playing some good ball also.

271210[/snapback]

I had to laugh ... I was driving into work and heard (on ESPN Radio) the familiar strains of "Kobe Bryant scores 41 in a Lakers loss..."

When I first started seeing my doctor in '96, I was 6-6 and about 279lbs.  After a few visits, I was down to 267 and he was saying I was obese.  Crazy!  Presently, I weight 339lbs and I know I don't want to stay there.  I hope to get down to around 255-265.  Of course, I'll still be 'obese' according to some charts.

Here's a decent article I found that talks about ideal body weight.

271200[/snapback]

When your 6'6" 280 lbs isn't too bad, but Shaq obese? If he's obese what the hell do you call Ted Washington?

When your 6'6" 280 lbs isn't too bad, but Shaq obese? If he's obese what the hell do you call Ted Washington?

271215[/snapback]

He is obese, by any definition. So am I, though. I have lost about 20 lbs since November, but I hope to lose a lot more. If I work at it enough, I can get down to around 285-290 by the fall.

He is obese, by any definition.  So am I, though.  I have lost about 20 lbs since November, but I hope to lose a lot more.  If I work at it enough, I can get down to around 285-290 by the fall.

271226[/snapback]

whatever you do stay away from the Atkin's diet. You'll lose the weight fast but you'll gain it back even faster when you start to consume more carbs.

whatever you do stay away from the Atkin's diet. You'll lose the weight fast but you'll gain it back even faster when you start to consume more carbs.

271240[/snapback]

Or you could like my old boss and just stay on it forever. :blink: Been three years or so. He's lost a lot of weight (he's at around 175 I think), but what's the point if you can't eat anything good anymore? :D

CW

271240[/snapback]

I don't diet. All I've done is exercise more. I was walking about 4-5 miles at a time, but only about 2 or 3 times a week. Now, I do it daily. I still drink beer and eat junk, just not nearly as much or as often.

I'm 6'6 and 245. Yet, any chart will tell you I'm obese.

I think the ideal weight for someone my height is around 212. Funny part is, I weighed that much about 2 years ago (I worked at a gym). I was waaaay too thin.

271249[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was saying before. The 'ideal weight' isn't even something doctors have totally agreed on. At one time, I planned to be around 235-245, but that's too small. When I was in school, I ran track at 195 and played football at around 210. There's no way I could stand being that small anymore. It just doesn't look good. I want to be around 255-265, somewhere in that range.

That's exactly what I was saying before.  The 'ideal weight' isn't even something doctors have totally agreed on.  At one time, I planned to be around 235-245, but that's too small.  When I was in school, I ran track at 195 and played football at around 210.  There's no way I could stand being that small anymore.  It just doesn't look good.  I want to be around 255-265, somewhere in that range.

271266[/snapback]

When I was 212 and laid on my back, you could see my hip bones. Accoriding to most charts, that's healthy.

I don't diet.  All I've done is exercise more.  I was walking about 4-5 miles at a time, but only about 2 or 3 times a week.  Now, I do it daily.  I still drink beer and eat junk, just not nearly as much or as often.

271250[/snapback]

Honestly Rich that is the way to go. That is how i have lost weight for track season this year, and i was faster until i hurt my knee, but this has worked for me during high school for wrestling, and now in college for track