It just doesn't matter

Doesn't matter which of the top 6 guys Beane goes after when he finishes moving up.  All have strengths and weaknesses, and all have potential to be impact players or to flame out. The front office has infinitely more data to base their decision than me or anyone else here.  So whomever the pick is, it just doesn't matter because I'll be behind the pick.  You all can be Nostradamuses; I'll be content to actually watch the guy play before pronouncing sentence.

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Doesn't matter which of the top 6 guys Beane goes after when he finishes moving up.  All have strengths and weaknesses, and all have potential to be impact players or to flame out. The front office has infinitely more data to base their decision than me or anyone else here.  So whomever the pick is, it just doesn't matter because I'll be behind the pick.  You all can be Nostradamuses; I'll be content to actually watch the guy play before pronouncing sentence.

Sorry, but I disagree with this.  The NFL is full of stupid people making stupid decisions all over the place with countless careers being built on nepotism alone.  And there are some very knowledgeable posters on this site. 

11 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Sorry, but I disagree with this.  The NFL is full of stupid people making stupid decisions all over the place with countless careers being built on nepotism alone.  And there are some very knowledgeable posters on this site. 

Under any other GM-HC team we've had since the Superbowl era, I would be concerned as well.  But McBean seems to really be on the ball.  I don't know if they're any smarter than anyone else, but they certainly have a passion for success and understand the value of preparation.  

25 minutes ago, Disinterested Observer said:

All any of us can do, is trust the process. They ( Beans and McDermott ) know what they want to do and so far, so good.

Then again, I rfemember seeing something almost exactly like this when Gailey was here.  Instead of "the Process", it was "in Chix we trust".

Understood and generally agree...

except when it comes to Josh Allen. Drafting him terrifies me. If we do, I'll eventually get behind it as long as we have a good vet to start for a year.

Still, we can have our preferences...

Mayfield 

Darnold 

Rosen

Jackson 

Rudolph 

...in that order for me

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Sorry, but I disagree with this.  The NFL is full of stupid people making stupid decisions all over the place with countless careers being built on nepotism alone.

I totally agree with you...

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

And there are some very knowledgeable posters on this site. 

...you've lost me.

• Like (+1) 1