Today's Race In The Pennsylvania 18th

Trump was up in that area over the weekend trying to stir up the natives(ists) and going full campaign mode in what should be a pretty safe seat. He won the area by 20% but there are fears in the GOP they might lose this one. 

Polls mostly favor the Republican https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/pa/pennsylvania_18th_district_special_election_saccone_vs_lamb-6327.html but a few have the Democrat in the lead. Turn out of course will be the factor and both sides are pouring tons on money into the race which I think probably helps Trump as it seems a little less like a local election and more like a national one. 

Edited by Tiberius

I had to spend the weekend at UPMC last week (for my Mother in law - doing better) Every other commercial was for Lamb the democrat, almost all of them from a liberal PAC and not the dnc,  they are spending huge amounts.

It got pretty funny after a while.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

So, which republican do we want to win here? The "Blue Wave" isn't really "Blue" if a pro life, 2nd amendment, steel tariff supporter who happens to be a former navy seal and a hard ass wins out against a poor candidate?

Didn't know Republicans supported steel tariffs. Lamb will vote down the party line. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Didn't know Republicans supported steel tariffs. Lamb will vote down the party line. 

Doc, you're smarter than that. Lamb was a far superior candidate and might not still win. He moved to the right to do this, so what philosophy, in the end wins?

43 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Doc, you're smarter than that. Lamb was a far superior candidate and might not still win. He moved to the right to do this, so what philosophy, in the end wins?

It tells me to run a vehemently pro union campaign in a rust belt state like he did if you have any hope in flipping a district like this that Trump won by 20 in 2016.  The economy (pro union, pro tariffs, tax breaks for the middle class but not the wealthy) and health care (criticized GOP's effort to repeal ACA, wants bipartisanship to stabilize markets) are keys to victory if you're a Democrat.  Yes, you have to tailor some of your campaign messages to the constituents in your district like Lamb did as far as gun control and abortion go.  Also, speaking out against the insider Nancy Pelosi is a winner after her stupid "crumbs" comment.  Nearly every Democrat candidate running should do that in 2018.

Edited by Doc Brown

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It tells me to run a vehemently pro union campaign in a rust belt state like he did if you have any hope in flipping a district like this that Trump won by 20 in 2016.  The economy (pro union, pro tariffs, tax breaks for the middle class but not the wealthy) and health care (criticized GOP's effort to repeal ACA, wants bipartisanship to stabilize markets) are keys to victory if you're a Democrat.  Yes, you have to tailor some of your campaign messages to the constituents in your district like Lamb did as far as gun control and abortion go.  Also, speaking out against the insider Nancy Pelosi is a winner after her stupid "crumbs" comment.  Nearly every Democrat candidate running should do that in 2018.

Like I said , Lamb was the better candidate and nothing needs to get read into this,

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, which republican do we want to win here? The "Blue Wave" isn't really "Blue" if a pro life, 2nd amendment, steel tariff supporter who happens to be a former navy seal and a hard ass wins out against a poor candidate?

Is this a done deal yet? I’m just waiting for Trump to call someone a loser! 

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Like I said , Lamb was the better candidate and nothing needs to get read into this,

It helps give Democrats a blueprint for success in similar districts.  That's about it.  The GOP obviously needs to run better candidates.