2018 NFL Free Agency: Biggest Needs for Each AFC Team

They missed DT on the Bills' list.

2018 NFL free agency: Biggest needs for each AFC team

Buffalo Bills: Quarterback, linebacker, wide receiver

UPDATE: 
The Bills are trading quarterback Tyrod Taylor to the Browns, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday.

Tyrod Taylor has been benched by two different regimes in two years. No matter what the Bills say publicly, they are in the market for a franchise quarterback. No matter who lines up under center, the next field general would stand to benefit from an influx of talent at wide receiver. The Bills are expected to lose free agent Jordan Matthews from one of the league's least productive units. While the defense is strong in the secondary, the linebacker corps is threadbare and the defensive line lacks depth.

I'd include DL on that list before WR, some more CB depth wouldn't hurt. But most of our needs can be addressed through the draft. Might as well use our picks for young guys and develop them together. Or at least here's to hoping.

1 minute ago, ctk232 said:

I'd include DL on that list before WR, some more CB depth wouldn't hurt. But most of our needs can be addressed through the draft. Might as well use our picks for young guys and develop them together. Or at least here's to hoping.

I'd address WR too with the DT class in the draft including very good players with some depth. 

2 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

The Bills have exactly Nate Peterman on the roster at QB and a bunch of slot guys at WR. Hard to see how those wouldn't  be the greatest postitions of need in today's NFL. Sure, CB and DT could use some reinforcements , but this was the lowest rated passing offense in the NFL last season. 

Mega-guide to NFL free agency: Players to know in every category

We're days away from the 2018 edition of NFL free-agency frenzy.

With contract negotiations starting Monday and the signing period officially opening Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET, national NFL writers Kevin Seifert and Dan Graziano break down everything you need to know about the market -- including players primed for big paydays, others looking for prove-it deals and more.

Note: Age is listed based on how old each player will be at the start of the 2018 season.

Top free agents by category | Salary cap highlights | Team needs

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 4:51 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd address WR too with the DT class in the draft including very good players with some depth. 

I'd like to follow this up now having seen Beane go HAM in free agency thus far. I'd agree in shifting our priorities to QB (without trading up preferably), but primarily addressing WR, LB, and line depth on both sides. Solid FA signings and draft capital have left us with much more comfort than we may realize.

24 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

I'd like to follow this up now having seen Beane go HAM in free agency thus far. I'd agree in shifting our priorities to QB (without trading up preferably), but primarily addressing WR, LB, and line depth on both sides. Solid FA signings and draft capital have left us with much more comfort than we may realize.

While its not our biggest need, nickel back is one of the most prominent holes and we don’t have anyone to fill it at the moment.  We play a LOT of nickel sets.  We need someone that can hold their own.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, NewEra said:

While its not our biggest need, nickel back is one of the most prominent holes and we don’t have anyone to fill it at the moment.  We play a LOT of nickel sets.  We need someone that can hold their own.

I mean, looking at our depth chart I'd put DB at a fairly high need behind WR/QB - Vontae Davis isn't the player he used to be, and we're another stout corner away from a really strong secondary if poyer, hyde, and white continue to perform they way they have.