Richard Sherman to the 49ers? - Deal Reached

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

I think the 3 years, with incentives, gives a bit of breathing room to both clubs.

I think they won't rush him back to full-bore until he's ready, they plan to having him for the next 3 years

Yeah it sounds like there are built in incentives the details of which I have yet to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah it sounds like there are built in incentives the details of which I have yet to see. 

yeah i'm really waiting to see what they are

He was big on his own stats

Interceptions, passes defended, comp% allowed, passer rating allowed were all #1 from 2011-2016 for sherman

These were stats that he posted, himself, on his twitter yesterday.

I believe he truly feels he can still be elite, and would be willing to take a stats-based incentive deal to prove it.

He's very proud and believes in himself, I'm willing to be it's a lower salary with a ton of milestones that he believes he can reach.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

yeah i'm really waiting to see what they are

He was big on his own stats

Interceptions, passes defended, comp% allowed, passer rating allowed were all #1 from 2011-2016 for sherman

These were stats that he posted, himself, on his twitter yesterday.

I believe he truly feels he can still be elite, and would be willing to take a stats-based incentive deal to prove it.

He's very proud and believes in himself, I'm willing to be it's a lower salary with a ton of milestones that he believes he can reach.

I'm sure the details of the incentives will be released by one of the NFL insiders. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Our problem was that we were doing that with no quarterback all of those years. Now is the time for the 49ers to go for it because they found their franchise quarterback and they have a ton of cap space. I agree that the Rams need to be careful, but as long as they structure deals properly, they will be okay. Gurley, Goff, and Donald are all still on rookie deals so they need to make sure they are ready to resign those guys. In he meantime they can spend. 

We got in a bad situation because we were always putting lipstick on a pig. Great supporting cast with no quarterback just doesn't work. 

The jury is still out on Garoppolo. He hasn't played a full season of games.

This could still backfire.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, Mark Vader said:

The jury is still out on Garoppolo. He hasn't played a full season of games.

This could still backfire.

Indeed. The story that I had heard from pundits who loved the move was "yeah, it was only seven games, but you didn't see how he looked in those seven! He passes the eye test!"

And he might but I have a hard time looking at such a small sample size. He stepped into a team that had been flailing and no one was taking seriously, but they hardly had the most impressive lineup: Giants (#2 overall pick), Seahawks (lost), Bears (floundering), Texans (No D. Watson), Titans (impressive), Jacksonville (Impressive, but Jax is overrated), Rams (starters were not playing)

Now, teams have a full offseason to watch his film