Richard Sherman to the 49ers? - Deal Reached

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't know what I think about that.  Sherman will probably need a year to recover to get back to his peak.  His peak will have dropped too.  Not sure if that is a good move for SF?

The 49ers and Rams are two teams who will regret being so aggressive.  I remember when the Bills were bringing in player after player.  Got us into a bad situation.  Just because you have the money doesn't mean you should spend it stupidly.   Sherman is not worth anything he will be asking for.

Just now, Ittakestime said:

The 49ers and Rams are two teams who will regret being so aggressive.  I remember when the Bills were bringing in player after player.  Got us into a bad situation.  Just because you have the money doesn't mean you should spend it stupidly.   Sherman is not worth anything he will be asking for.

Our problem was that we were doing that with no quarterback all of those years. Now is the time for the 49ers to go for it because they found their franchise quarterback and they have a ton of cap space. I agree that the Rams need to be careful, but as long as they structure deals properly, they will be okay. Gurley, Goff, and Donald are all still on rookie deals so they need to make sure they are ready to resign those guys. In he meantime they can spend. 

We got in a bad situation because we were always putting lipstick on a pig. Great supporting cast with no quarterback just doesn't work. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Our problem was that we were doing that with no quarterback all of those years. Now is the time for the 49ers to go for it because they found their franchise quarterback and they have a ton of cap space. I agree that the Rams need to be careful, but as long as they structure deals properly, they will be okay. Gurley, Goff, and Donald are all still on rookie deals so they need to make sure they are ready to resign those guys. In he meantime they can spend. 

We got in a bad situation because we were always putting lipstick on a pig. Great supporting cast with no quarterback just doesn't work. 

Sorry but I am not sold on Jimmy G.  He wasn't that great end of last year.  You need to be careful on what happens at end of year, usually means nothing for future.

Rams should be building a long term team, not a one year attempt.  They are moving parts in and out, but I'm not sure they are getting better while doing it.  They are giving away too much draft capital for future roster.

11 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Truly we have never been in all that bad of a situation. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Richard Sherman to the 49ers? - Deal Reached