Drew Brees still does not have a contract!

43 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Pipe dream at best.  Saints either give him a new deal or he gets tagged.  That simple.  He's not going to hit the market.

42 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The franchise tag period has expired.

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He wasn't eligible for the franchise tag and he's not coming to the Bills. 

26cb is correct.

His contract had a clause that he means he could not be franchise tagged.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Franchise Tag ship has sailed, and Brees isn't on board

Hmmm...I didn't realize that.  Still think he's not going anywhere.  He's made his money.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It would be the move of the century for the Bills to swoop in with a 2 year $60 million deal.  We probably don't have the space but I would be all over that if I were Beane.

6 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

It would be the move of the century for the Bills to swoop in with a 2 year $60 million deal.  We probably don't have the space but I would be all over that if I were Beane.

Wake up and pinch yourself. You'll find it's a dream. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Hmmm...I didn't realize that.  Still think he's not going anywhere.  He's made his money.

he still wants to play and continue to make money

5 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

you make the space

Maybe they move him for Foles....

I think it is a smart move for the Saints, since Foles is cheap, under control and was a Superbowl MVP...He was dropping dimes on the Pats and beat Minny in the playoffs as well. Since Minny beat NO, this would be a huge upgrade from them and allow them to use the draft to fill their holes...

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Maybe they move him for Foles....

I think it is a smart move for the Saints, since Foles is cheap, under control and was a Superbowl MVP...He was dropping dimes on the Pats and beat Minny in the playoffs as well. Since Minny beat NO, this would be a huge upgrade from them and allow them to use the draft to fill their holes...

Someone is on their way to hand you a cup. 

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Franchise Tag ship has sailed, and Brees isn't on board

He has a clause that doesn’t allow him to be tagged.

This thread can be closed whenever. This isn’t even like an Andrew Luck type of situation where there is a minuscule chance. It is 0.0%. Jim Kelly in his prime was more likely to leave than Brees. That’s not hyperbole either. 

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

you make the space

You realize he said before the end of the season that it's his intent to finish his career in New Orleans unless the Saints didn't want him anymore.

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

This would make next week even more interesting, if Drew Brees some how hits the open market and signs with someone else. I wonder if we could afford him. I would love the move, then we can use all our draft picks to build a better team around him. Probably would only be a 2 or 3 year deal, instead of the 6 or 7 that Cousins would want.

Don't see it happening but let's do it!!

12 minutes ago, nucci said:

you make the space

But he's past the point in his career where he'll uproot his family over a few million bucks.  So he'll agree to a team friendly team in NO.