Love this!

Brave Stance

The NCAA has asked the University of North Carolina at Pembroke to stop calling its sports teams the "Braves,“ saying the nickname is racially offensive to Native Americans. But it turns out the university was founded exclusively for American Indians, who called themselves the Braves.

UNC Pembroke is still 20 percent Native American and the school's Athletic Director says they plan to keep the name as a tribute to their heritage. Meanwhile, the head of the region's Lumbee tribe tells the NCAA, "We don't have to have you tell us what's offensive."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150090,00.html

Brave Stance

The NCAA has asked the University of North Carolina at Pembroke to stop calling its sports teams the "Braves,“ saying the nickname is racially offensive to Native Americans. But it turns out the university was founded exclusively for American Indians, who called themselves the Braves.

UNC Pembroke is still 20 percent Native American and the school's Athletic Director says they plan to keep the name as a tribute to their heritage. Meanwhile, the head of the region's Lumbee tribe tells the NCAA, "We don't have to have you tell us what's offensive."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150083,00.html

270809[/snapback]

Don't worry. The ACLU will step in and bring some sense to the situation. :lol:

If anyone ever decides to name their team the "Fighting Polocks" or even just the "Polocks" I will buy a hat, jersey, t-shirt, sweatshirt, socks, and Zubaz pants. I swear.

I'd love to see a Polish version of Chief Wahoo.

If anyone ever decides to name their team the "Fighting Polocks" or even just the "Polocks" I will buy a hat, jersey, t-shirt, sweatshirt, socks, and Zubaz pants.  I swear.

I'd love to see a Polish version of Chief Wahoo.

271575[/snapback]

Yeah, what he said! I'm considering renaming our bowling team that.

:blush:

And On the 8th Day God Created Alcohol So The Irish Wouldn't Take Over The World...

271573[/snapback]

How many Irish does it take to change a lightbulb?

Ten. One to hold on to the bulb and nine to drink until the room spins.