Broncos shopping Talib..Pats*****, 49ers Interested

Another elite cornerback who could be had for draft pick pennies. His play has been exceptional for years. 

Broncos need to sign Roby and re-up Harris, they can't pay 3 corners. Tough situation. 

The "He's not a McD/McB player" stuff is getting so played out. We going to pass on every elite player who needs to be handled a bit differently? 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Another elite cornerback who could be had for draft pick pennies. 

The "He's not a McD/McB player" stuff is getting so played out. We going to pass on every elite player who needs to be handled a bit differently? 

Pass on every elite player? Clearly no. Give up an asset for a 32 year old guy who is so unhinged he still does stupid stuff on the field to hurt his team and it’s been a pattern his whole career when we don’t even have a big need at the position? Yes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pass on every elite player? Clearly no. Give up an asset for a 32 year old guy who is so unhinged he still does stupid stuff on the field to hurt his team and it’s been a pattern his whole career when we don’t even have a big need at the position? Yes.

Marcus Peters and Michael Bennett, both elite IMO, but aren't "model teammates". 

Talib wouldn't get much. This trade market is downright laughable right now, they'd probably move him for a 5th or 6th pick. 

What is that 5th or 6th really worth? A flyer on a guy that might be a backup? Big deal. 

Aggressive man corners always draw more flags, and he may have a game a year where he is suspended.

Is it worth it? Good question, but I'd argue yes....Talib has shut down plenty of #1 WRs for years. That really isn't debatable. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

7 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Marcus Peters and Michael Bennett, both elite IMO, but aren't "model teammates". 

Talib wouldn't get much. This trade market is downright laughable right now, they'd probably move him for a 5th or 6th pick. 

What is that 5th or 6th really worth? A flyer on a guy that might be a backup? Big deal. 

Aggressive man corners always draw more flags, and he may have a game a year where he is suspended.

Is it worth it? Good question, but I'd argue yes....Talib has shut down plenty of #1 WRs for years. That really isn't debatable. 

I would rather have the draft pick in this case. Jmo

54 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

No.  In my opinion you've got to stop looking at players for only their play on the field.  We have used this model in the past.  What we have now is a coach trying to build a team, and you don't do that just because a high talent player is available.  You need to look at these guys from every aspect of the job, not just production on the field.   Their production is only a fraction of what they are being paid for.   You need to look at lockeroom, filmroom, off the field, contract, and on the field production.   There a reason the trade market for these players isn't yielding high picks right now, and there is also a reason they are available in the first place.  They may be good players but moves like this need to be weighed on a risk/reward scale using all of the above elements. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

No.  In my opinion you've got to stop looking at players for only their play on the field.  We have used this model in the past.  What we have now is a coach trying to build a team, and you don't do that just because a high talent player is available.  You need to look at these guys from every aspect of the job, not just production on the field.   Their production is only a fraction of what they are being paid for.   You need to look at lockeroom, filmroom, off the field, contract, and on the field production.   There a reason the trade market for these players isn't yielding high picks right now, and there is also a reason they are available in the first place.  They may be good players but moves like this need to be weighed on a risk/reward scale using all of the above elements. 

As I mentioned, if the Broncos didn't have Roby, who is a superb player, he wouldn't be on the block. You can't pay three corners. 

His film and on the field production is obvious, he's an elite corner back. He has a contract that matches that level of play. 

Locker room...he was a team captain. He may be blunt, critical and in your face, but he is respected. 

He is a wild man, that is also obvious. Some coaches can deal with it, some can't. He didn't have issues with Wade Phillips, but I bet him and Belicheck weren't exactly pals.

Yes, we are trying to build something, but this is a player who checks plenty of boxes. It's not like we were lights out against the pass. 

I get the whole "trust the process" stuff that McD & McB are all about (although, they lay on the "coachspeak" pretty heavy, talking plenty but saying little"), but I believe many  of these players (Bennett, Peters, Talib, Quinn) are all low risk / high payoff guys. 

1 hour ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

NE giving Broncos another draft pick to use in a trade up with NYG at #2 for a QB so that we won't be able to.... This is a potential nightmare.

Why trade with the Cheaters when the 49'ers are interested as well?  Makes no sense, unless the Cheaters are giving a much better pick, which I highly doubt.