Beau Allen

Only 26. 320lb defensive tackle from the Eagles. Played as a rotational #3 guy last season. Could he be a solid cheap option to start at the nose? Also a Wisconsin grad, I love linemen and linebackers from those Big10 schools (especially Wisconsin and Iowa). 

9 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Only 26. 320lb defensive tackle from the Eagles. Played as a rotational #3 guy last season. Could he be a solid cheap option to start at the nose? Also a Wisconsin grad, I love linemen and linebackers from those Big10 schools (especially Wisconsin and Iowa). 

The NFL Free Agency Period looms. The Washington Redskins are showing a genuine interest in Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Beau Allen.

We knew this time last year that the Philadelphia Eagles would have some financial constraints as the NFL Free Agency Period drew close. With Bennie Logan‘s departure in the middle of March, it appeared Beau Allen was set to have a bigger role in the Eagles’ defensive scheme. Then, there was the trade that brought Timmy Jernigan to the Eagles on April 4th. Jernigan was extended after nine games with the team, and the writing was on the wall.

Allen was certain to hit the free agent market as the Eagles were probably going to need to clear cap space for, not only this season, but next season as well.

The Eagles did make an offer for Burton, but it wasn't considered serious. Burton is expected to command at least $6 million a year in free agency. 

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Cichy orJosey Jewell as an MLB would be great.

Cichy might not play right away due to his ACL tear last August. His film is outstanding, though limited. I think he’s worth a late pick if we happen to obtain one.

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Same, I would take a whole defence and oline from Wisconsin and Iowa.

I wouldn't mind Allen but the question with him is, is he better as a rotational player or can he be a player you can count on every play? I really like DaQuan Jones from the Titans. He plays with power, he was a 3-4 DE there coached up by Dick Labaeu, he plays the run very well and can get to the QB. He'd be a solid player here and will probably be a bargain on the open market imo.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I wouldn't mind Allen but the question with him is, is he better as a rotational player or can he be a player you can count on every play? I really like DaQuan Jones from the Titans. He plays with power, he was a 3-4 DE there coached up by Dick Labaeu, he plays the run very well and can get to the QB. He'd be a solid player here and will probably be a bargain on the open market imo.

If we don't get Star than DaQuan is next man up on my list of DT want in UFA. I wonder if we make a hard push toward him since Pegula's PSU connections. 

1 hour ago, billspro said:

Same, I would take a whole defence and oline from Wisconsin and Iowa.

Almost the same, I would exclusively pull my lines from those two schools. Defense as a whole? I can't sign up for that.  Both have had some absolutely awesome guys at LB and the secondary over the years, but not nearly consistent as those corn-fed linemen.

Wisconsin is an oline factory.

Edited by simool
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...