Would you trade Hughes+picks to Giants for 2nd?

boyst

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But not to the giants.  Glenn is what they’d want, but it would take Glenn, 21, 22 plus more..  any GM would laugh at that trade,  I’m still trying to figure out if you’re serious?  I think Hughes is vastly underrated, but there’s just no chance of this ever occurring.

Glenn and Hughes + 22 +4th more realistic?

It's hard to rate Hughes right now.

Just now, PaulieYayo said:

The Giants need Glenn more than they need Hughes

See above?

They do need a passrush

Just now, Commonsense said:

That would be a no brainer for the Bills. That would value Hughes as a first rounder. If they put him on the market I think his value would be in the second round. If someone offered a first that would be a surprise.

2nd? With his age, lack of production last year and major contract....I would bet we could nab maybe a 3rd or 4th 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

2nd? With his age, lack of production last year and major contract....I would bet we could nab maybe a 3rd or 4th 

That's more realstic for what other teams would offer but I don't think I'd sell that low. Hughes is fine when he has someone opposite him that is able to rush the passer. Hughes is not and has never been a guy who is going to accumulate stats while being the focal point of offensive lines.

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

get er done.....in Madden.

You can color in your magical nothing is ever possible book anyway you want, if it gets me a QB I am game, IMO not one player is safe from a trade this year, if Giants want it to move up get er done.

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Not to mention all the negative yards Hughes brings in each game through penalties, most of them due to heat of the moment stupidity....I'm willing to bet that if you totaled all of his negative yards through penalties vs. his positive yards he's gained via sacks and stops behind the LOS, he wouldn't be that far ahead....

He had 2 Unsportsmanlikes and 2 Roughing the Passers last year. In 2016 it was 2 and 1. Theres a handful of offsides in there too.

This false perspective that he's a penalty machine is flat out incorrect.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

That's more realstic for what other teams would offer but I don't think I'd sell that low. Hughes is fine when he has someone opposite him that is able to rush the passer. Hughes is not and has never been a guy who is going to accumulate stats while being the focal point of offensive lines.

oh absolutely. I wouldn't trade Hughes for a 3rd or 4th because I think he is worth more than that to our team. I was just saying that is more realistic to what another team would value him as, ESPECIALLY when deciding to give up the number 2 draft pick lol 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He had 2 Unsportsmanlikes and 2 Roughing the Passers last year. In 2016 it was 2 and 1. Theres a handful of offsides in there too.

This false perspective that he's a penalty machine is flat out incorrect.

In 2017, Hughes was flagged a total of 6 times.  2 were pre-snap penalties (offside etc.), and 4 were unsportsmanlike/RTP (2 each).

http://www.nflpenalties.com/all-players.php?year=2017&view=total

31 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Give Giants 22, Hughes and maybe a 4th or something for the second pick?

Would you do it?  Obviously targeting Rosen.

Um, if that happened that would be the biggest no brainer in the history of drafts. 

I highly doubt the giants would do that. We’d need to throw in at least another 1. I would think anyway. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

In 2017, Hughes was flagged a total of 6 times.  2 were pre-snap penalties (offside etc.), and 4 were unsportsmanlike/RTP (2 each).

http://www.nflpenalties.com/all-players.php?year=2017&view=total

For reference, here's a list of guys on the team with as many or more penalties as Hughes:

A. Washington - 7 

J. Mills - 8

L. Johnson - 6

D. Thompson - 6

R. Incognito - 6

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

These GMs know each other. You can't make a ridiculous offer like this and be taken seriously

What's a serious offer then that allows us to send Hughes and Glenn or something to the Giants to keep us a 1st and also get the 2nd pick?

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

What's a serious offer then that allows us to send Hughes and Glenn or something to the Giants to keep us a 1st and also get the 2nd pick?

Hughes, Glenn, 21, next years 1, and a two this year. 

That would be my guess...

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

I don't know but if I'm the Giants and you offer me Hughes and the 22nd for the 2nd pick....I say no very quickly

Just now, dubs said:

Hughes, Glenn, 21, next years 1, and a two this year. 

That would be my guess...

Hughes is a pro bowl talent.  Glenn is a top 8 LT when healthy.  Both are not over half a tank left but both have years left in the league.