Garbage Plate Delivery?

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I lived in Seabreeze (Irondequoit) for a couple years prior to grad school.   Made the trek over to Webster for Bay Hots all the time when I was craving a plate.  The Bill Gray’s right down the street just wasn’t nearly as good.  My sleeper is Mark’s on Monroe, but maybe that’s because every time I ate there I was hammered ?

my last house in webster was right in that area.  we lived right off bay and lake.  i loved it when that bridge was down, because we could run over and grab beers at shamrock jacks.  i haven't been back since we moved.

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I used to work up in Webster and when Webster Hots opened we got in there quite a bit and got to know the owner.  Plates were very good as he built up the business.  Used to get a philly cheesesteak plate with tater tots & mac salad.

Then he sold it and it went downhill.

what was that steakhouse they tried to open in the village?  was it prime?  that place was destined for failure.  my wife and i went to dinner there on a friday night at round 7:30-8.  it was an entirely open restaurant, with one other table taken.  we figured after dinner that we would have a drink at the bar and pass some time.  there was one other older couple at the bar.  after talking with them, we found out they were the bartender's parents, and they were just there to say hi.  on a friday night, they had 4 paying customers.

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Worse than the EpiPen CEO?

ehhhhh.  not that bad.  

1 hour ago, teef said:

what was that steakhouse they tried to open in the village?  was it prime?  that place was destined for failure.  my wife and i went to dinner there on a friday night at round 7:30-8.  it was an entirely open restaurant, with one other table taken.  we figured after dinner that we would have a drink at the bar and pass some time.  there was one other older couple at the bar.  after talking with them, we found out they were the bartender's parents, and they were just there to say hi.  on a friday night, they had 4 paying customers.

Yeah, opened by EBaum.  It's closed.  Webster Hots is right across the street from that location tho, sharing a building with something else.  https://www.websterhots.com/