Real Apple Geniuses

Who's working harder?  The ones running into glass walls?

Or the dispatchers asking - "is he breathing?" after they've already gotten a "yes" response to their previous question, "is he conscious/awake?"

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

It is possible to be awake, and not breathing. It's called choking. 

Form over Function...

Perfectly describes Apple products.

You're breathing if choking, or at least attempting to breath. Twas a stupid series of questions.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Lawsuit time

Can you sue your boss and still have a job?  Unless you don't need that job anymore, but you can't do much being on a ventilator.

FWIW... I knew a guy who sued his girlfriend's parents... He tripped at their house.  Right out of a Seinfeld episode, before there were Seinfeld episodes.  Good way to break off a relationship. :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I have a story that involves glass walls , alcohol, drugs and grown man laser tag that I could share but would prolly be banned... :P 

HA! No drugs or alcohol, but at one of my son’s birthday parties I was crouching in the laser tag set, turned and ran as fast as I could......directly into a plywood wall painted black. I did not see the black wall, but I did see stars as I fell to a lump in the corner. Word apparently got out, as all the kids seemed to have a blast racking up their point totals over my dazed and confused body. Still laughing about it almost two decades later, but it was NOT funny at the time. (To ME anyway, I can’t speak for those horrible little children!)  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

At my last job, we had a large glass wall/glass door as our office entrance (shared building).

A Fed Ex guy walked into it on his way out.  No blood; no broken glass.  But one HELL of a boom.  I came running out of my office and one of the supervisors was there, laughing his ass off saying, "you were just like a bird hitting a window!"  I was dying.  The Fed Ex guy wasn't amused.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

HA! No drugs or alcohol, but at one of my son’s birthday parties I was crouching in the laser tag set, turned and ran as fast as I could......directly into a plywood wall painted black. I did not see the black wall, but I did see stars as I fell to a lump in the corner. Word apparently got out, as all the kids seemed to have a blast racking up their point totals over my dazed and confused body. Still laughing about it almost two decades later, but it was NOT funny at the time. (To ME anyway, I can’t speak for those horrible little children!)  

Wow... What a bunch of cut throat punks.  No wonder they can't distinguish what reality is. ;)

It works for the RoadRunner:

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sounds familiar!

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

You're breathing if choking, or at least attempting to breath. Twas a stupid series of questions.

No, it's not. One has nothing to do with the other. 

It's how they teach you CPR. You check if the person is responsive first. Then you go through his vitals; breathing is one of them.

There are a lot of situations where a person is awake, but can't breathe;  have constricted or shallow breaths. Or just getting the air knocked out of them.

Asking someone if they're breathing is a good question because even a bystander will respond with something descriptive if something is wrong: they will mention wheezing, coughing, or choking sounds. it's also a common question after an impact; especially in sports; if the person can breathe properly.

Edited by unbillievable

14 hours ago, unbillievable said:

No, it's not. One has nothing to do with the other. 

It's how they teach you CPR. You check if the person is responsive first. Then you go through his vitals; breathing is one of them.

There are a lot of situations where a person is awake, but can't breathe;  have constricted or shallow breaths. Or just getting the air knocked out of them.

Asking someone if they're breathing is a good question because even a bystander will respond with something descriptive if something is wrong: they will mention wheezing, coughing, or choking sounds. it's also a common question after an impact; especially in sports; if the person can breathe properly.

Perhaps a better question after determining that a person is conscious/awake would be, "are they having any difficulty breathing?"

"Are they breathing?" after learning that they are conscious/awake is, indeed, a stupid question.

Isn't bleeding usually first?  You can bleed out in just a few minutes. God hope one doesn't break the glass and get cut to ribbons.  Probably too think.

Breathing on other hand, is second.  Look how long Gugny has been going without breathing and he's only partially brain dead. :P:P:D 

On 3/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, Cripple Creek said:

Perhaps the dispatcher had struck his head on a glass panel a few moments prior to the call?