Shaquem Griffin Posts 20-rep Bench Press Using Prosthetic and Now a 4.38 Forty

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Why is 20 reps on the BP dominant?  About any 20somethibg yr old in a workout program could put that out easily

Yeah... 20 reps isn't that impressive. And I'm sure Griffin would prefer people to not set the bar lower. Especially with the prosthetic arm.... The 40 on the other hand is impressive.

10 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah... 20 reps isn't that impressive. And I'm sure Griffin would prefer people to not set the bar lower. Especially with the prosthetic arm.... The 40 on the other hand is impressive.

Definitely, but a lot more to 40 yard dashes and bp for a LB

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm not sure, but he plays football without one. 

At what point do scouts and fans start considering him higher than a day 3 pick? His production in college and now measurables are what you usually look for out of a top 15 draft pick.

27 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Von Miller only did 21 reps at the combine. For an LB it's fine. His speed and work ethic could turn into a very good player.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Why is 20 reps on the BP dominant?  About any 20somethibg yr old in a workout program could put that out easily

A one-handed linebacker just put up 20 reps at 225, and ran a 4.38 40. Pardon me but I choose to be 

impressed.

• Like (+1) 5

Oohhh 4.58... Teams are definitely gonna take an average

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Von Miller only did 21 reps at the combine. For an LB it's fine. His speed and work ethic could turn into a very good player.

Not saying it's bad. It's decent but a lot of overreacting to the bench press

5 minutes ago, LEBills said:

At what point do scouts and fans start considering him higher than a day 3 pick? His production in college and now measurables are what you usually look for out of a top 15 draft pick.

That will be a subject for discussion in draft rooms, but I'd be surprised if he's anything other than a day 3 pick. 

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Oohhh 4.58... Teams are definitely gonna take an average

Not saying it's bad. It's decent but a lot of overreacting to the bench press

We'll have to see what he runs at UCF's pro day.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

30 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

20 was still better then top LB coming out this draft (Edmunds 19 reps)...tied with Vander Esch...actually 20 is about average to slightly above average for the LB's...best was 27 by Tegray Scales out of Indiana

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I want This kid in the 5th , 6th or 7th...

at worst he is a special teams stud and an inspiration for the world

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills currently have no picks after the 5th round.   Might be kind of tough to get him. 

No problem when we get Cleveland's top of the round 5,6,7 for TT.

Sorry.

Griffin is an inspiration, especially what some of our vets have gone thru in the last number of years.

This is a wonderful story.

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Would the NFL allow any kind of prosthetic device to help him grip and tackle? 

Not sure.

But they do allow a plate of armor on elbow/forearm to help apply a forearm shiver on small DB's laying on ground not looking after whistle, while future LB for forearm team stands over the guy and just points..

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Add to that, if you have a prosthetic hand/forearm, it's an advantage over another player that has skin and callouses on their hands. If he's lifting he won't feel the burn and puss that is attendant to an exploding callous. He can get more reps with the prosthetic limb because it is made of material that is springier and more durable than the human forearm (ulna). Maybe they'll put an asterisk after his reps in the record book because of this advantage. Not sure his reps should count.

Just no.

Prosthetics bear weight through the prosthetic to a region (of the arm in this case)

There are callouses that form on the stump, which can be just as painful.

What are you talking about with "puss" and an "exploding callous"??

Puss is from an infection most times, sometimes inflammation.

You literally have zero idea what the everloving hell you are talking about.

This isn't a case like Oscar pistorious (the blade runner) where there was controversy swirling around the design of his carbon fiber prosthetics giving him a "springboard advantage" over there other athletes.

(I treat many people will prosthetics, by the way, including runners who have these callouses on their leg stump from being runners/gym rats with the prosthetic. Just ask cb26, he calls me pt-man ??)

Edited by SouthNYfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

Not sure.

But they do allow a plate or armor on elbow/forearm to help apply a forearm shiver on small DB's laying on ground not looking after whistle, while future LB for forearm team stands over the guy and just points..

bravo, take a bow!

• Like (+1) 1