Terry P is at the combine - & present during the QB interviews

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

The ones that our scouting department likes, and by aggressively targeting them with the proper industry standards.

I asked for a specific name and how far up would you trade up to get him?  And what if they don’t like anyone, much less enough to trade up to get him? 

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:
John Kryk Retweeted
From what I understand, Terry Pegula was also present during their formal meetings with the QB prospects that they interviewed at the combine. #Bills #BillsMafia #NFL #NFLDraft #NFLDraft2018 #NFLCombine #NFLCombine2018

I have no issue with this. He did it last year too. I actually like that he's always trying to learn. That's exactly what I'd do if I were an NFL owner. Id much rather have him constantly trying to learn than thinking he already knows everything like some other NFL owners. 

I like that he has studied every QB draft class since he's taken over the Bills (and I know that's mainly because we need a franchise QB). As these QB's get NFL experience, we will see which are good/great and which are busts.

Pegula will have some inside knowledge on each QB - ideas of what their personalities and traits (etc) are and if there are any commonalities among the successful ones (and the busts).

6 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

If this don't tell you the Bills are all in on drafting a QB high this year, I don't know what will.  Rumor has it Terry loved Money Mitch last year.  Things obviously didn't work out due to Mitch going so high, but Terry wanted a high QB last year.  With the capital this year, no excuses.

He was in all the QB meetings last year, too. He even dined with a few of them (as he also did the draft before that, too). Ans they took QBs in the 4th and 5th rounds those drafts. 

So I don't know that it can be definitively said that they are all in on drafting a QB high this year. I think it'll all depend on how the draft plays out, just like last year. Has Trubisky fallen, we probably would have drafted him. It may be the same deal this year, or they may use some of that ammo to trade up (which is my hope/wish and I do agree that there seems to be a chance it could actually happen this year). 

I think what Pegula meeting with these QB draft prospects tells me personally, is that he wants to be involved in the drafting process of finding the Bills franchise QB, and possibly that he wants to make sure he approves of the way they'd represent his franchise. 

Edited by BillsFan4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 3:09 PM, Reed83HOF said:

John KrykVerified account @JohnKryk 3m3 minutes ago

Spotted walking out of Lucas Oil Stadium after QBs threw: Buffalo #Bills owner Terry Pegula.

Hopefully he is meeting his new starting QB - Josh Rosen....

I hope he is there and mentions that star players often get to fly in his private jet.

Do any of the prospect QBs have desire to go into music post QB career?

On 3/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

And IMO if Beane and McDermott think they can pass this season and then expect to keep their jobs after a 3-13 season with the promise to finally draft one...eh.

If they pass the owner will be fully behind them and will not dump them if the Bills had a bad season.  This is not the Browns.