Lamar Jackson on why he chose Louisville ...

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

UPDATE: "No teams have asked me to play wide receiver," Jackson told reporters Friday. "I don't even know where it comes from. I'm strictly a quarterback."

Yeah.  Bro. 

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

UPDATE: "No teams have asked me to play wide receiver," Jackson told reporters Friday. "I don't even know where it comes from. I'm strictly a quarterback."

Yeah.  Bro. 

Ahhhh ... so it's fake news.  Got it.

30 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I totally disagree.  Tyrod was talked about as being the next level down to the top QB's coming out that year.  The debacle on his pro day, IMO, effected him terribly.  

I had never seen him regarded as anything other than a late round project from any source prior to his draft.

If I'm wrong so be it, but I don't remember it

Why we bro'n?

If I was Lamar Jackson I would dismiss anyone asking me to play WR as well. I find that a lot more likely than Peter Schrager making something up like that. You can be sure he didn't make that up, everyone knows the issues that arise when mobile quarterbacks are debated and Schrager is a good decent man who drives in the middle lane. He wouldn't bait anyone.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Honest question I do have

I wonder where Lamar Jackson would be ranked in this draft if Rosen and Darnold were not in it.

With the amount of QB needy teams he'd be in the top 10 with Mayfield and Allen.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Way to bring race into it.  Sweet.

I'll point out that Brady, Mannings, Rivers, Marino, Kelly, Bledsoe and Favre are/were, indeed, similar in that they relied heavily on passing the ball and passing it well.

Secondly, Tyrod and Lamar - in my opinion - are similar in that neither is an accurate passer and both tend to run .. a lot.

If you want to throw skin color in there ... oops ... you already did .... well, that's on you, bro.

Your still stereo typing sir....not necessarily race (I didnt really think that of you initially anyway) but more the "style" of play

Take a look at the passing yards and the passing TDs from Jackson in college in that short amount of time......they are both athletic but im not sure it goes past that.

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The tendencies of this regime. 

Jackson's limitations as a passer are evident and if I can see them, I know damn well Beane and McDermott can.

They yanked Tyrod for 5th round rookie in an attempt to move on from that style of QB play.

They aren't going to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.  I am sure of it.

Maybe they dont see Lamar's limitations as a passer as huge as you do......I certainly dont.....he is not natural under center but has improved every year....he brings things to the table that the others DONT bring.....all the while bein underrated as a passer

Setting mom up as your agent because you want to keep your entire rookie salary seems a little ass-hattish.... Then there's the whole public speaking thing...

Outside of his natural abilities, how coachable is this kid?

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Setting mom up as your agent because you want to keep your entire rookie salary seems a little ass-hattish.... Then there's the whole public speaking thing...

they shouldn't even consider this kid.

big time pass on him.

8 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I only care about the on the field product

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

big time pass on him.

Because he trusts his mom more then anybody else and doesnt have great public speaking skills?

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

big time pass on him.

Honestly, I think he does deserve consideration... Just not in Rd 1...

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Because he trusts his mom more then anybody else and doesnt have great public speaking skills?

Trusting your mom, and putting her in charge of you business affairs are two completely different things, John...

Ans yah, I'd prefer the face of my franchise be able to carry on an adult conversation... -Even a brief one.

I have to trust Bills FO on the QBs in the draft this year.

Bills are not what they used to be. I feel it is Okay you allow a bit of faith in which QB and when.

My opinion though, is to remain close to the picks as they naturally fall. If they need to move up a bit? I hope they regain some picks further down the line.

If it's Lamar ? Cool. If It's Rosen cool. But not at #3 or even #5.
But I will agree with most here, they need to grab one in the first if it makes sense.

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I only care about the on the field product

where do you come up with that? did I ever say that?

it's all about my preference. at the end of the day it really doesn't matter about a fans preference, but who will be the bills preference, I just hope he is not theirs.

as for why he's not my preference, he doesn't impress me like a rosen or mayfield does.

my hope is they trade up and get rosen.

in the 2012 draft, during the run on QB's, NE had the 21st, and 25th pick.. They took Chandler Jones, and Dont'a Hightower respectively..

That alone Set them up on D for years to come... While our circumstances aren't the same QB-wise, I think the depth at positions like DT DE and LB is comparable.

There is GOOD depth there... Da'ron Payne, and Rashaan Evans could be a move that makes us right on D, at least.

Edited by #34fan

19 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Honestly, I think he does deserve consideration... Just not in Rd 1...

Trusting your mom, and putting her in charge of you business affairs are two completely different things, John...

Ans yah, I'd prefer the face of my franchise be able to carry on an adult conversation... -Even a brief one.

These are not reasons to pass on a QB that can help you

His money is his business

I feel like he comes across as very genuine.....and wanting someone to be a intellectual as a basis of drafting them as a QB is ridiculous.....he doesnt have an attitude....has not been in trouble.......all of the things that actually matter from a personality stand point

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

where do you come up with that? did I ever say that?

it's all about my preference. at the end of the day it really doesn't matter about a fans preference, but who will be the bills preference, I just hope he is not theirs.

as for why he's not my preference, he doesn't impress me like a rosen or mayfield does.

my hope is they trade up and get rosen.

That was meant for 34 not you.....who was nitpicking him from a personal stand point and not a on the field one

You are entitled to your opinion.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

These are not reasons to pass on a QB that can help you.

Help me?  -Seems like he can barely help himself through this transition...

If he was thinking right, he'd get an agent, plus someone to advise him on handling the media...

As of right now, I'm not a fan of Jackson's process. -And not anxious to see how this type of decision-making translates to the field.

You are entitled to your opinion.....

Damn right, I am.

Edited by #34fan

I have zero inside info and I rarely make predictions but I am making one now they are picking Jackson at 21 if he is available.  

the cost to move up is going to scare them away besides if Denver and the Jets both lose out on cousins they can easily moveup and ensure they get one of the first three. 

Much to my dismay they keep Taylor and Draft Jackson.   Jackson blows taylor away in camp by simply throwing the ball downfield.