Lamar Jackson on why he chose Louisville ...

I really don’t want this guy. For once I want the guy or guys that most experts feel are the best. Rosen or Darnold. I don’t care what it takes to get up there and get one of them. I will never spend a minute worrying about what we don’t have because of it. I will only appreciate what we do have. Draft picks are the most over valued things in sports. If you can use them to get a guy that might make you a legit super bowl contender for the better part of the next 10 years...just do it. That’s why we made all those trades last year. Use them, move up and get the actual best qb. Not the best guy that’s left by the time you pick.

9 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

What’s the hype you are hearing? Did something new happen?

Just alot of talk in local media and some national media. Add instagram and Twitter and it got my curiosity. To be honest I don't know much about him, but you start hearing things and you start to wonder 

38 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What I'd like to know is what makes you so sure without the benefit of any inside knowledge. 

The tendencies of this regime. 

Jackson's limitations as a passer are evident and if I can see them, I know damn well Beane and McDermott can.

They yanked Tyrod for 5th round rookie in an attempt to move on from that style of QB play.

They aren't going to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.  I am sure of it.

Edited by Chicken Boo

8 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

I still cannot fathom the people like you who just see "black, mobile QB" and lump them all together.

Maybe we should say that Brady, Peyton, Eli, Rivers, Marino, Kelly, bledsoe, and favre are all the same too, you know, because they are "white, pocket QB"??

Not to sound arrogant and condescending... Actually you know what?

I do mean to sound that way...

If you think Tyrod and Lamar are the same then you either don't know anything about QB play/football, or you just haven't watched Jackson play, and are just assuming he's black and fast, so he must be like Tyrod... I'm willing to bet it's option 2.

You don't have to like Jackson, you can say you prefer a pocket guy, whatever the reasoning... But he is NOT just another Tyrod.

Way to bring race into it.  Sweet.

I'll point out that Brady, Mannings, Rivers, Marino, Kelly, Bledsoe and Favre are/were, indeed, similar in that they relied heavily on passing the ball and passing it well.

Secondly, Tyrod and Lamar - in my opinion - are similar in that neither is an accurate passer and both tend to run .. a lot.

If you want to throw skin color in there ... oops ... you already did .... well, that's on you, bro.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll point out that Brady, Mannings, Rivers, Marino, Kelly, Bledsoe and Favre are/were, indeed, similar in that they relied heavily on passing the ball and passing it well.

Secondly, Tyrod and Lamar - in my opinion - are similar in that neither is an accurate passer and both tend to run .. a lot.

If you want to throw skin color in there ... oops ... you already did .... well, that's on you, bro.

Tyrod never ran for close to the yards Jackson did in college and tyrod never threw for close to the yards jackson has. Lamar is twice or more the prospect tyrod ever was. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We of course will get bashed for that opinion because of the inevitable comparisons of Tyrod Taylor part 2.

I will live with it.   I will also get right in line if the bills splash and draft Rosen because I understand that as well....it will just be harder to put talent around Rosen because of the price tag.

Harder I guess but not too difficult. The Chiefs moved up 17 spots last year for one extra first. I think the Bills could move up 19 for the extra first this year and next year’s first. If necessary throw in another pick this year or Cordy Glenn (preferred). They would still have 6 picks in the first 5 rounds this year plus their cap room next year is projected to be about 90 mill, could help offset not having a 1st next year. I also think they can get at least a 5th for Tyrod. If they got Rosen he’s starting right away so no need to pay an expensive bridge QB either. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The tendencies of this regime. 

Jackson's limitations as a passer are evident and if I can see them, I know damn well Beane and McDermott can.

They yanked Tyrod for 5th round rookie in an attempt to move on from that style of QB play.

They aren't going to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.  I am sure of it.

What do you mean by " that style of play"? The mobile QB?

Both come from Carolina. Cam says hi. McDermott has pointed out how he's been around QBs that could run his entire career dating back to McNabb. I think they both embrace a QB that can move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Gug, you know there were a gang of NFL QBs who had a less than 60% comp pct coming out of college? Kelly was one of them.

• Like (+1) 1